11) Disaster not averted (Eclair POV)

I grinned. Saturday. It was Saturday and that meant no school, sleeping till Ten, and doing what ever you want. Yup, this was my kind of day. Also with the added bonus of my parents not being here, it just made everything better.

So think of my absolute horror and fury when Derek called me at seven. Seven AM.

But that wasn't all that I was thinking. I was really anxious, because if you don't remember I sorta got him mad enough to end up in jail.

Yea oops

Yes I was worrying for my life, 'cause for all I know he could kill me.

I stared up nervously at the Hale residence, reluctant to go in-but I had to. Once again I rung the doorbell and shifted from foot to foot. Finally the door opened.

"Do I always have to wait for you?" Derek asked.When I didn't answer he opened the door wider and gestured inside

"Uh-um yeah," I said nervously. "So-um how are you doing?" I asked once I stepped inside.

Derek snorted, "Are you seriously asking that?"

"I was just concerned?"

"All you care about is your pretty little ass," He laughed.

"No I don't!" I shot back, infuriated with his attitude. "But honestly, Derek you can't really expect me to care for you?"

That really did it. Derek's body tightened just like before and his hands clenched into fists.

"You talk to much," was all he said. "Now come," He motioned me forward into the living room.

"Err, what do you want me to do?"

A small smirk appeared on his lips, as he motioned to the television. "Play with me."

I was going to tell him off for even suggesting that before I noticed the Wii and PlayStation 3.

I smirked, "okay then but on one condition."

"And what would that be?"

"I get to choose what game."

He gestured to the stack of games, "be my guest."

I rifled through the stack and noticed games like Mario Party and Black Ops and COD, till I finally found it. Buried at the bottom of the stack.

"Bingo." I whispered, grinning at the game I held at my hands.

"What did you choose?" Derek asked from where he sat on the couch.

I pushed back an evil smile and turned towards him, "it's a surprise. Close your eyes."

"Fine." He closed his eyes, and I slipped the game in quickly.

"Okay you can open now," I told him.

He looked at the screen for a moment before he turned to me. "You have got to be kidding me."

I grinned and shook my head.

"Dammit Scarlet!" He groaned.

And that's how I got the bad boy to play Mario Kart with me.

~

Fifteen minutes later and I was totally beating his ass.

"Oh wow you suck," I laughed as Derek's kart was thrown off the track yet again.

"I haven't played this in ten years GOD DAMMIT!" He shouted in frustration as his kart swerved.

I was in first place (obviously) and with Derek continuously getting thrown off the track, I was winning. And that absolutely infuriated him.