10) The Eclaire incident

Midway through class Dean's phone buzzed. He grumbled as he whipped it out of his pocket, then he cursed, "Shit."

"What?" I asked.

"Derek has got himself into trouble again."

"Like how?"

"He's in jail and he needs a bail-hey! That rhymed."

I rolled my eyes, "what did he do?"

"Dunno yet," he replied as he stood up

"Hey where are you going?" I hissed.

"To go bail him out."

"In the middle of class?"

Dean started to reply but another voice cut him off. "Dean why are you out of your seat?"

He turned around to grin at Mrs. Wortham. "I need to go to the nurses office."

"And why would you need the nurse?"

Dean paused as if thinking, then he grabbed a girl sitting in front of him. "This girl is feeling faint, so I'll escort her to the nurses office."

"I am not feeling faint!" The girl-I think her name was Claire protested.

He grinned then swooped down, and kissed her on the lips, "I think you are now."

The girl-I mean Claire just sat there white faced and slightly trembling.

"So we'll be off now," he said as he pulled her up by her forearm.

It seemed the whole class was stunned, but that only lasted a moment. As soon as Dean and Claire were out the door, the class erupted in whispers.

~

"Girl why do you always get all the action?" Leena asked as she linked her arm through mine.

I frowned in confusion, "what are you talking about."

"Well, I've heard rumors but," she waved her hand around dramatically. "I wanted to hear it from the source."

"What source?"

"You were there when Dean claimed his new girlfriend in front of everyone, right?"

"New girlfriend," I repeated in confusion, before it finally clicked. "Oh you're talking about Claire and what happened in Home EC!"

"Eclaire."

"Huh?"

"Her name is Eclaire not Claire."

"Hey I was close though."

She rolled her eyes, "that doesn't matter! just tell me what happened!"

"Ok geez! What happened was Dean wanted to leave class so he kissed Clai-Eclaire and made her pale, and he uses the excuse of escorting her to the nurses office as a way of getting out of class."

"Oh really? So why did Dean need to leave class?"

"Um...I think because he needed a smoke or something," I lied, because I didn't know if the information was private, and I didn't want to get on Derek's bad side again.

"Hmm well, the rumor is that Dean and Eclaire hooked up."

"Oh no!" My hands flew to my mouth. "She didn't like him before, and now with all the rumors going around...poor girl."

"You mean lucky girl. I mean she got to kiss Dean!" Leena said fanning her face.

I rolled my eyes.