prolouge

Andromeda, a name given to her from her parents from ancient stories they had read to her when she was younger

Everytime they would read the story of Peruses, she would pretend to be a damsel in distress and wait for Peruses to come rescue her. Her family would laugh at the imagination she had, and they were the most happy family in their village, but she couldn't stay young forever.

Her father, a merchant, went on trips to trade and sell for her family, she wouldn't see him as much which made her very upset every time he would announce that he would be leaving. But he would always promise to her back some thing from his trips. This time she asked for paint brushes, to paint her beautiful garden.
Her mother, a designer and clothes maker, made the finest dresses and suits in all of France, she saw all of the dresses and gowns that she made, and was in awe every time.

She grew up a lonely child, no siblings, no friends, and no education. Sure, her father would read her the stories, since he was the only one who read them to her, but she was never taught to read or write, but she always wanted to.

Andromeda, had taken up drawing, sketching every leaf and and flower in her path, in the beautiful book that her father had gotten her from Paris. She would sit in her garden for hours drawing and sketching the little things around her.

One day, she had come inside from about 3 hours of drawing, to see her mom with a stack of notes.

"Mother, what is all this?" She asked, placing her book gently on the nearby table, with her pencils on top.

"Darling, the prince has made a royal decree that the women he had selected is to attend his ball, four nights from now." Her mother quickly got up from spot, setting aside the stack of requests, and getting ahold of Andromeda hands.

"He selected women, mère! He only picks the most beautiful maidens of the land, and I'm not wealthy or beautiful enough to attend. Why would he pick me?" Her mother quickly scrambled to get the white envelope the table, and placed it in Andromeda's hands. She ripped opened the envelope, to find a single piece of card stock, beautifully written on, she couldn't read it, but she clearly knew it was invitation, for the prince's family crest was on there.

"You must go, my dear. For you are the most beautiful of them all." The old woman smiled, crinkles forming in the corners of her eye.

"Mother, there are more beautiful maidens in this land. The prince would never look at a girl like me. Je ne veux pas y aller."

"Absurdité! The prince will look no more at other women once his eyes has landed on you!" Andromeda rolled her eyes softly, before picking up her pencils, book, and skipping up the stairs.

The night of the ball had arrived and her mother had finished making all of the dresses other women had requested. Andromeda had respected her mothers wishes and decided to go to the Prince's dance.

"I'm off mother, I'll see you later!"

"Andromeda! You are not going like that!" Her mother looked up and down on her blue dress and black shoes. She went off into the living space and brought back a pink dress.

"I managed to get it done between dresses. It's not my best work, but I hope you love it." She placed it in Andromeda's arms, while she looked it in awe.

"I love it! I will be right back, I'll go put it on now." Andromeda ran up the stairs to put on the beautiful pink dress that her mother had made for her. About five minutes she came skipped down the stairs once again, but in a happier mood than she was before.

"Do I look nice?" She asked, looking down at it, feeling like a princess in it.

"You look stunning, my dear. There is no way the prince won't look at you." She pulled her into a hug "have a good time, my dear, bon voyage!" Andromeda walked out of her home, and grabbed her horse, Jean, and rode on him to the prince's castle.

This is before the prince turned into a beast, if any of you were confused.