trois

trois | en retenant
[fr. yielding]

Andromeda rode quickly back, with her ripped up dress that had gotten caught in the tree branches

Andromeda rode quickly back, with her ripped up dress that had gotten caught in the tree branches. She, at last had made it home, she hopped off, Jean, and ran inside to tell her mother what had happened at the ball.

"Mère! Mère!" She yelled through her home, and bolted up the steps, and skipped into his mother's room.

"Andromeda? Where have you been? And what are you wearing?" Her mother's scrunched in disgust, quickly shuffling over to her daughter in the ripped, pink dress.

"What are you talking about? I was at the Prince's ball, and this dress you made it for me!" She exclaimed at her mother, throwing her hands up in the air.

"The ball? I made? The prince? This doesn't make any sense, what ball, what prince?!" Andromeda's mother was confused, she didn't remember any ball, any dress, especially a prince.

"I went to the Prince's ball tonight, and this dress you made for me." She gestured to the pink dress, continuing, she added "why don't you remember?"

"You're crazy." Her mother whispered followed by a laugh, "you're crazy."

"I'm not crazy, I will show you, the castle and the prince and the-" she was suddenly cut off by her mother grabbing her by the hair and whispering in her ear, something that Andromeda never forgot.

"There was no dress, there was no ball, and there was no Prince! I will not have a lunatic as a daughter." She spat before roughly letting go of he hair and pushing her out the door. Andromeda, blinked, staring at the white door which had been shut in her face, the only words she could manage to get out was.

"I'm not crazy."