sept

sept | en retenant
[fr. holding back]

ANDROMEDA WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING in a rush, she woke up extra early before her parents got up

ANDROMEDA WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING in a rush, she woke up extra early before her parents got up. She had prepared a case with her dresses, not that she many, an extra pair of shoes, and her sketch book along with pencils. She had managed to get to the bottom of the stairs without making a sound, and slowly made her way to the kitchen.

The girl grabbed, two loafs of bread and an apple, for the journey to the castle. When she walked out, she looked up to see her mother still in her nightgown, with her arm crosses across her chest.

"And where do you think you're going?" Her mother asked, raising an eyebrow at her daughter, with the two loafs sticking out her dress pockets, the apple between her lips, and small case in her hand. Andromeda places the case on the floor gently, before taking the apple out her mouth.

"I was going, um, to draw in the forest. I had no plans. so." She shrugged, fiddling with her fingers, hope her mother bought the excuse.

"Actually you do have plans today, with the Duke, Henry. I arranged for him to have brunch with you this morning, and he will be here a quarter passed seven."

"But mother-" the blonde groaned, but her mother was quick to quiet her.

"No buts, you will be free after bruch, go get into a lovelier dress. You wear the dreadful blue dress everyday." She scoffed, before heading up stairs, her daughter behind her to change.

Andromeda walked into her spacious room, opened her closet and grabbed the first dress she saw. It was a white dress, with white sheer fabric that covered her arms and the covered her her collarbone as well. It was ankle length, at the bottom of the dress was embroidered flowers. She stripped of her blue dress, into the itchy, stuffy, white dress, along with the uncontrollable whit shoes.

She looked up at the grandfather clock, and saw that it was almost time for the Duke to come. Andromeda couldn't be late, if she was her mother would give her a lecture 'proper ladies are never late' is the saying that she knew by heart.

The girl bolted down the steps to see her father, her mother, and the workers at the bottom. Then all of sudden she heard horses neigh outside of her home, she quickly took place next to her mother, with both of her hands in front of her. The whole family saw the Duke walk in before bowing.

"There is no need for that." He chuckled, sticking out his hand in front of Andromeda, "may I, my lady?" she nodded before placing her hand in his, Henry leading her the dining area. Andromeda's parents stayed behind, letting them have their own time together. Henry, pulled out a chair for the girl, and she she sat, scooting closer to the table. The duke sat is his seat, beginning to speak.

"So Andromeda, tell me more about yourself, I don't seem to know much about you." She gulped on noting before speaking up.

"Well I'm on the verge of turning 21, I like-love to draw on my free time, um, there is not a lot." she giggles lightly, taking a sip of her tea.

"Your birthday,huh? Maybe I can plan something, maybe we can announce our engagement?" She accidentally took a quick sip of the hot, scorching tea, coughing lightly.

"Pardon me?" She asked, the blonde was taken back by his question.

"I thought you knew, I asked your parents for your hand in marriage, they approved. I guess I forgot to ask you." Henry got up from his seat, walked over to the end of the table where Andromeda was seated, and went down on one knee.

"Andromeda, I know we haven't know each for long, but I feel that you could be my potential soulmate. I want to love you and protect you, everyday as long as I shall live. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" He brought out a little wooden box, opened it to reveal a a gold band, with a medium sized diamond, and two diamonds on the side. She was flabbergasted, she didn't know what to do, she knew if she says no, her parents would disown her. But she didn't want to get married to Henry, she doesn't known him, and she doesn't love him.

"No., I mean yes. Yes I will marry you." Andromeda said with a fake smile on her face, Henry's eyes lit up, taking the ring and slipping it on her ring finger before hugging her.

The girl, couldn't believe it, she was engaged to a person she didn't love.

henry played by freddie highmore