deux

deux | ralentir
[fr. to slow down]

As Andromeda waited for the Prince, she took up his offer and grabbed the nearby velvet coat from the rack and placed it on her shoulders

As Andromeda waited for the Prince, she took up his offer and grabbed the nearby velvet coat from the rack and placed it on her shoulders. Then something had caught her eye, the red roses blooming in utter beauty, she lightly touched the petals, mesmerized with them.

But then, one winter's night,
an old beggar woman came to the castle.

"Hello mademoiselle." Andromeda quickly turned around and saw an old woman.

"Bonjour. Do you need help?" She asked.

"I need shelter from the cold, do you think you can help me?"

"Well this isn't my home, I wish I could help, maybe the prince will gladly say yes. I can help you get to him." Andromeda offering her hand to the lady, which she respectfully declined.

"Thank you, here is a rose, for my gratitude." Taking out a flourished red rose from her coat.

"Why thank you. Since you will be up there, would you mind telling the Prince that I am still out here waiting for him." She smiled, and old woman scoffed lightly not noticed by Andromeda. He had fooled another girl, but just an ordinary girl a kind, beautiful girl.

An old beggar woman came to the castle.
And offered the Prince a single rose in return for shelter from the bitter cold.

Repulsed by her haggard appearance,
The Prince sneered at the gift, and
turned the old woman away.

But she warned him not to be deceived by appearances,
for beauty is found within.

And when he dismissed her again,
the old woman's ugliness melted away.

To reviled a beautiful Enchantress.
The Prince tried to apologize, but it was too late,
For she had seen that there was no love in his heart.

And as punishment,
She transformed him into a hideous beast,
And placed a powerful spell on the castle,
And all who lived there.

But the girl who helped her, and spoke so highly of the prince, decided to give him a chance.
So everyone would forget about the prince, everyone but Andromeda.

The guests ran away, pouring into the woods, away from the castle. Andromeda looked up and saw sparks of light in coming from the ball room.

She ran to her horse, Jean, and made her way on top of it. She looked up once before whispering 'I'm sorry'. And running away from the castle, never looking back.

Ashamed of his monstrous form,
The beast concealed himself inside his castle,
With a magic mirror as his only window to the outside world.

The Rose she had offered,
Was truly an enchanted rose,
Which would bloom for many years.
If he could learn to love another,
And earn her love in return.

By the time the last petal fell,
Then the spell would be broken.
If not, he would be doomed to remain a beast
For all time.

As the years passed,
He fell into despair, and lost all hope, not knowing the one person who would help him is out there.

For who could ever learn to love... A Beast?