quarte

quarte | vite
[fr. quick]

 THE BEAUTIFUL RED ROSE THAT the old beggar woman had given her, had withered very slowly

THE BEAUTIFUL RED ROSE THAT the old beggar woman had given her, had withered very slowly. Years had gone by, and she didn't forget what happened that night, the prince, which no one seems to remember and and the ball, which was talked about by everyone, had disappeared.

Her father had come back from his trip, but her mother would not talk to her, she avoided Andromeda, which would make her upset. She still hadn't know what happened that night, that everyone but her was clueless. So, she would draw everything she remembered that night, so she would never forget that night. Andromeda had many drawings of the Prince, especially, she took out her blue coloring pencil and lightly colored in his eyes, which was the only pop of color in the drawing. It was also what popped out, when she first saw him.

Every morning she would wake up before dawn, and go color, or draw, or ride, Jean, just to avoid her mother, and when she came back that day, it seemed like any other day. But she had noticed a carriage outside of her home, it looked like a royal carriage. The Prince! She quickly scrambled into her home, to see that it wasn't him, but another man.

"Andromeda, this is the Duke of Paris, Henry. Henry, this is my my daughter, Andromeda." Her father introduced her to the man. She curtsied, while he bowed in return, and took her hand to place a kiss on the top.

"It's nice to meet you mademoiselle." He nodded, and Andromeda looked around trying to look for an explanation as to why she would be meeting the Duke of Paris.

"Andromeda, the Duke, had asked for your hand in marriage. I met him along the way of my travels, and I feel like you two would make a wonderful pair."

"Marriage!" She exclaimed, "it seems a bit early, I mean, I just turned twenty-"

"I got married to your father, when I was seventeen." Her mother came out into the living space, "you'll be fine."

"Alright, well it nice to meet you, Henry, I mean Duke. But I will need sometime to think about it. Now if you don't mind, I have something to do right now." She bolted out her of home, to get back up on Jean, and ride off to go find the castle.

And the Prince.