Chapter 3 - The Most Clumsiest Person On Earth

Sometimes you have to look a bit further rather than close to get to know people. I've learned a lot about people lately, and I used to think I was able to read people easily. I was dead wrong. The ideas I had about the people I've met were completely incorrect. I'm not saying my friends turned out to be terrible, but it's surprising to know the things I know about them. Especially the fact that Sam was a lesbian. I would have never guessed that at all. Sam and the other girl she was just kissing started giving each other looks. The girl looked so frightened. She was pale and her hair was dyed a nice red. She was pretty. She had brown eyes and was very short and skinny. Sam said a few words to her, then walked over to me. She took a deep breath.

"Look-"

"I promise I won't tell anyone." I said, cutting her off. I looked at her and she looked at me.

"I don't want you to feel weird about it or anything.."

"Don't worry. I've had plenty of lesbian friends before."

"Really?"

"Yeah! No.. Okay, I've only had one in the past but I won't treat you, or your girlfriend any different!"

"Thank you so much, Hero. It really means a lot. I don't know how I'll ever repay you."

"You don't have to. Although, the polite thing to do would be to introduce me to your girl." I grinned and Sam smiled with a nod. She gestured me to follow her, and we walked towards the girl. The girl looked even more frightened up close.

"Florence, meet my friend Hero. Hero, Florence!" Sam exclaimed with a smile. Florence waved awkwardly, but didn't say a word.

"Nice to meet you." I said, trying to be as polite as possible. She nodded and smiled, but still no sound.

Why is your bitch being so rude, Sam?

I gave a look to Sam.

"Oh! Florence can't talk. She was born with no vocal chords." She explained, with a sad look that was drowning her face.

Oh.

I instantly felt guilty for my terrible thought, only seconds before. What was up with me? "Oh, wow. I am so sorry." I looked at Florence who just smiled.

Don't worry. Florence mouthed. We chatted for a while, and said our goodbyes to Florence. Sam and I started walking back to the food court.

"I think you should tell them about Florence." I said.

"No way." Sam argued.

"They'll find out eventually. You should tell them now, so they won't be upset later on."

"I can't, Hero."

"You can. I'll be there with you. I can help."

"I can't, Hero! You don't get it. You don't know anything! So just shut it, and leave it alone. You weren't suppose to find out anyway."

I looked at her, a bit hurt. "Sorry. I just felt that-"

Sam groaned. "I don't care how you felt! Ugh! Find the food court yourself." Sam stomped off in the other direction and I stood there and watched.

"Go after her." I said to myself. But I didn't. Disappointed, I turned back and started walking to the food court.

When I got there, I was surprised to see everyone still there. I figured they would have left by now, but they were all laughing and joking around. Kylie was really, really, close to Liam. She was practically on his lap. Everyone was laughing obnoxiously loud. Except for Mason, who kept a quiet grin. I walked up to them and they turned to me.