Chapter 10 - You Have Literally Swept Me Off My Feet

I felt like every day ended with me falling asleep with Hunter in my mind.

I wasn't going to fool myself anymore.

I liked Hunter, and I can admit that.

I woke up to a blasting sound of metal music, it was my ringtone for my phone. I yawned and casually woke up before remembering where I was.

Hunter and I were in the exact same position as before, none of us moved as my phone kept ringing.

"Are you going to answer that?" Hunter asked. I blinked, then quickly sat up.

"Right!" I said. Pulling my phone out from my pocket.

"Hello?"

"Hero?" A female voice spoke. A shiver went up my spine as she did.

"S-Sam?" I choked out. I heard a slight chuckle.

"I like hearing you stutter at the sound of my voice in fear. Glad you learned your lesson."

My fear escaped and simply turned to anger. I cleared my throat.

"What do you want, Sam?" I demanded.

"I get that you hate me and I hate you, but for some reason, Mason doesn't. Apparently you did something to him and now you ignore him and he wants to know why."

"I have to go, Sam."

"Don't leave! I swear I'll kick your ass again if you do!"

"Do it then! Tell Mason about it too, I'm sure he'll be absolutely glad to hear it, right?"

The line went silent.

"Fuck you, Hero Felicity. Fuck you."

This time I was the one who chuckled.

"Good bye, Sam." With that, I hung up on the bitch without hesitation. I leaned back on the couch and threw my phone to the side and sighed.

"God, what a day." I said to myself, completely forgetting Hunter was sitting beside me.

"You're close with Sam too?" Hunter asked, making me jump. He glared for a second. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"It's fine, I just forgot you were here."

"Are you close with her?"

I scoffed. "No way. She's horrible."

"What was she threatening you with?"

I sighed, I did not want to go into this.

Well, he already knows about Mason so you may as well tell him.

"She and her friends beat up me one day and she threatened to do it again."

Hunter stayed quiet for a little while before finally speaking.

"Why did you use Mason as your defense?"

I hesitated before speaking. "I think he likes me, and Sam is one of his best friends. If he found out she beat me up he'd lose it on her."

Hunter's body tensed up. "You think he likes you?"

I nodded. Hunter looked away.

"So, metalhead, huh?" Hunter asked, changing the subject. I figured he was referring to my ringtone.

I nodded eagerly. "Yup! I love metal, rap and rock."

"You're the first girl I met with good music taste, not even joking."

"Well I have a good taste in everything." I flipped my hair cockily and Hunter chuckled.

"Those fake extensions can't compare to my natural beauty." Hunter imitated my hair flip, but he had no hair so it was just in the air, making it look funnier. I laughed.