Chapter 7 - You Really Do Learn Something New Everyday

I woke up in a bed. In my bed. How did I get back home? Did I teleport? Or maybe last night was all a dream? No, I knew for a fact that last night was real because I was still in my party clothes. It was a Sunday afternoon and I got up tiredly. I changed into some fresh clothes and I went downstairs where Legend and Jordan were watching TV and mum was humming and cooking in the kitchen.

"Morning." I said, grumpily. Everyone turned around and said hello. Jordan walked up to me and looked at me strangely. He grabbed my arm and took me to the other room.

"What?" I asked, stubbornly.

"Where were you last night? You didn't get drunk did you?" Jordan asked, serious and concerned.

"No. I did not get drunk. I was at Hunter's. I texted you about it." I yawned.

"You could've called. I didn't get your text. I was worried. I was even more worried when Hunter showed up at our doorstep at one in the morning with you in his arms. All he said was that you fell asleep, then we went our separate ways."

"Well the party was a bust so we left. We went to Hunter's place."

"Alone? He took you to his house alone? Are you sure he didn't spike your drink or something?"

"First of all, I didn't drink or eat anything until I got to his house. He made me a sandwich and one for himself too. Secondly, no we weren't alone. His other friends Blake and Logan were there too. Also, I'm eighteen! I'm old enough to be alone with a guy, Jordan. I just felt tired of walking around his giant house so I fell asleep while he carried me." I yawned once more and he looked at me strangely.

Okay, so I missed a couple details like how Blake got drunk, got into a fight and passed out. Or how Logan was lost in the house with Blake so technically we were sort of alone. But it's not like we did anything! I also skipped the part where I saw Sam and ran off to hide like a coward.

"Okay. I'm sorry. I'm just your big brother. I care for you." Jordan gave me a hug. He kissed the top of my head and then walked out of the room. I sighed. Jordan was going back to his University on Wednesday morning. That leaves today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow to spend time with him.

Ugh, why does school have to exist?

I didn't want him to go. Who else was going to give me advice or hug me and tell me what I need to hear? Mum was so busy doing who knows what. She was never home anymore. Legend is to young. Being the third child, I'm barely noticed anymore. I wanted to spend time with Jordan. As much as possible. I followed him out of the room.

"Jordan?" I asked.

"Mm?" Jordan was stuffing his face in cereal. Froot Loops have always been his favourite. My favourite cereal will always be Frosted Flakes.

"I need your help." Jordan looked up. I got his attention now.

"What is it, H?" He sounded worried.

"Oh, it's not bad or anything. I just want to do more research on Triton South University."

"TSU? Why would you want to go there?"

"Melanie." I looked down and Jordan immediately understood.

"Okay. What do you want me to do?"

"TSU is in Hollywood. Do you think you could drive me some time soon?" I gave him my most pleading face ever. He sighed.

"Fine. Let me finish my breakfast and get ready to leave." He mumbled. I yelped in excitement.

"Thank you, Jordan!" I gave him a hug, almost knocking his cereal out of his hands. Then, I went upstairs and packed my bag with a bunch of stuff I thought I would need.