Chapter 8 - A Sadist Likes Me

My annoying alarm clock buzzed in my ear. I yawned and shut it off as fast as I could and went straight back to sleep.

"Wake up, Hero." A husky, male voice spoke. It was deep and sleepy. It was Jordan.

I shoved my face into my pillow and groaned. I heard a deep, tired chuckle.

"Come on. I have to clean the house today. I don't want extra pieces of trash around."

I jolted up and turned into a sitting position.

"Are you calling me a piece of trash?" I snapped. I always was cranky when waking up. Jordan grinned.

"You definitely look like one right now."

"Jordan!"

"Come on, let's go."

Jordan walked towards me.

"I don't want to go to school today."

"I don't want to clean the house today either. Looks like we're both stuck."

I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the back of my bed.

Suddenly, I felt myself rising out of the bed.

"What the-"

"You asked for it, H!" Jordan exclaimed, cutting me off. He was carrying me to the bathroom. I opened my eyes and groaned.

"What are you doing?" I asked. Jordan had just placed me in the bathtub. I was sitting there in utter confusion. Jordan ignored me. He gave me one last look, then he turned on the cold shower, shut the curtains and ran out of the bathroom, shutting the door. I was definitely wide awake now.

"JORDAN!" I screamed. The water was freezing! My pyjamas were soaked and I started to shiver.

Jordan, you are so dead!

I quickly turned the cold water to a nice warm shower. I pulled off my wet clothes and threw them in the corner of the bathroom. The prickling water felt good against my skin. I washed my face a couple times to wake myself up, then proceeded with the shower.

After I was finished, I freshened up and got dressed. Today was a simple day for me. I wore a black tee with a pair of navy blue basketball shorts. I tied my hair up and pulled on my sneakers.

"Honey, breakfast is ready!" I heard mum yell. Wasn't she suppose to be on break today? Ugh. I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs. Legend was eating breakfast and so was Jordan. I gave Jordan a death glare and he instantly started to chuckle. Legend did too, and even mum had a hint of a smile on her face. I guess they all knew what happened.

"So, Jordan have you started packing yet, sweetie?" Mum asked. Wait what?

"Packing? For what?" I asked.

"I'm leaving this Wednesday, remember?" Jordan explained. I had completely forgotten he was leaving this week. I didn't want him to leave, he's made things so much easier for me. I looked down to the ground, upset. I didn't know what to say so I just sat on the table and ate my breakfast. It was silent for a long time. Once I was finished my breakfast, Legend was watching TV and I was about to head to school. Jordan was going to walk with me, but mum stopped us.

"I need to tell you two something." She said, quietly.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Your father is coming home tomorrow." Mum looked down. I smiled. Why was she sad? Dad was finally coming back to the family!

"That's great!" I said. But Jordan and mum both seemed to be upset.

What was going on?

"That is great, right?" I asked, just to be sure. I didn't get a response, instead, mum and Jordan both looked at each other.