Chapter 9 - A Promise Is A Promise

We arrived at school approximately five minutes after lunch started and we sort of just sat in Hunter's car in silence for a little while.

"So.. Ready to go?" Hunter finally asked.

"Oh, yeah. Let's go." I responded. We made our way out of the car and inside the school. We walked along the halls towards the cafeteria.

"So, do you have anyone to sit with?" Hunter asked while we were walking.

"Um..." I was definitely not sitting with Mason and his friends. Blaire has invited me but, I feel like we would have nothing in common. I hesitated.

"Okay, you'll sit with us." He didn't even look at me.

"What?"

"Friends don't let friends be alone."

I smiled. I couldn't help it.

We reached the cafeteria and I followed Hunter like a puppy to his table. At the table, I saw a bunch of people but only two that I recognized, Logan and Blake. I sat down next to Hunter, across from the others.

"Aye, Hero!" Blake shouted.

"What's up, Hero?" Logan exclaimed loudly.

"Hi guys." I said, smiling. I was glad that they remembered me. They greeted Hunter but none of them seemed to ask where he was.

They probably already know, dumb ass. They're his best friends.

I awkwardly ate my lunch, not saying a word. Hunter didn't seem to be speaking either.

"Somebody pass the ketchup!" A guy called.

"Did you see what Diane was wearing today? Psh!" A girl spoke.

"Stop stealing my food!" A bunch of voices kept piling in.

"No! You cannot copy my homework!"

"I still need that ketchup!"

"Where were you all morning, Hunt?" As this female spoke, everyone at the table went silent.
Hunter didn't move at all until she spoke. He immediately turned around to face her, as did I.

Holy. Shit.

This girl was flawless! She had long, perfectly straight brunette hair, which went well with her dark, hazel eyes. She wore a black sundress with a pair of strapped black high heels. She was so gorgeous, I instantly felt jealous just by looking at her. At first, I thought Hunter was astounded by her beauty, but he actually looked.. Revolted. His face scrunched up in disgust as his glared at this female figure. He was definitely not happy to see this person.

"Tina? What the hell are you doing here?" Logan asked, I guess he didn't like her.

"How dare you speak to him, get out of here!" Blake said, rudely. They looked so serious that it was actually intimidating.

Tina scoffed, "No need to raise your voices, boys. I was just asking a question." She made a puppy dog face, then looked down at Hunter. Her eyes danced around until she saw me and made a face as if she just saw the grossest thing ever.

Okay, remember that whole flawless thing? Yeah, I take it back.

"Who is she?" She asked, annoyed.

"That's-"

"She's none of your concern." Hunter said, interrupting Logan.

Tina faked a smile. It looked so forced, it was actually insane. She looked at me.