Drama, In More Ways Than One

Why do I have to move? Why can't my life be free of any complications? I never asked to move to an unfamiliar town with in familiar people and unfamiliar surroundings!

Okay I'm gonna stop saying the word "unfamiliar" now.

I wish I didn't have to deal with being the "new kid", having to learn where everything is, not knowing anyone there, and most importantly, the annoying 'welcome to the neighborhood' dinners.

Wait...I think I'm forgetting something.....

Oh yeah! I have forgotten to introduce myself! How rude of me!!

Anyways, I am Parker Stone ( weird name for a girl right but I love it) age 16 and I will be moving from my comfy home in Florida to a town smack dab in the middle of New York ( and no not in New York City.......I wish). Why am I moving there you may ask? Well here's the deal. My mothers husband, Dave, ( notice I didn't call him dad) wants us to become a closer family and by moving to a small town we will become one grand and happy family!

Yeah right!

Dave always keeps trying but he always fails because I don't want to be any closer to him than I am now. The only thing I'll be doing in New York, is missing everything that I had in My old home.

I'm going to miss so many things in Florida. The warm, sunny days, the beautiful beaches, and the eye candy *wink wink*. But I will especially miss my best friends Riley and Sasha.

Speaking of Riley and Sasha, I haven't even told them that I will be moving at the end of summer. I guess I will have to tell them at the sleepover tonight.

I arranged the sleepover to be at my house, and by arranged I mean guilt trip my mother. Muwahahahaha!

Now I am lying on my queens sized mattress in my bedroom waiting for them to get here.

I told them to be at the house at 7 and as I look at my phone, I see that it is now 7:15. I smiled. They can never be on time even if you tell them to be there an hour before you want them to.

Did that make sense......whatever!

Suddenly I heard the familiar *DING DONG* of my doorbell, and I ran downstairs.

I quickly went down the stairs to answer the door, a huge smile on my face as I'm doing so. As I reach the bottom of the stairs, my smile fades. The scene in front of me was where Dave had opened the door and was now conversing with my BFF's.

I'm not saying that Dave is a bad guy, it's just that he's replacing my daddy and I don't like it one bit! No one could ever compare to my daddy so I never give Dave a chance. I always give him the cold shoulder and I don't regret any of it.

I quietly walked over to the door to see what they were talking about.

"How has your summer been you two?" Dave questioned.

My friends simultaneously said, "Its been AWESOME!!"

I will never know how they do that!! They're not even sisters for Pete's sake!!!

My thoughts were soon cut short with a high pitched "Hey Parker!"

I knew that it was Sasha and I also knew my cover was blown.

She quickly rushed past Dave and gave me a bone crushing hug. Riley did the same but with less of a 'killing me' kind of hug.

Not knowing what to say, I ask, "Soooooo what were you guys talking about?"

"Oh I asked the girls how there summ-" Dave started but I cut him off.

"I didn't ask you." I said with a calm tone that still held annoyance.