Chapter 2

~1 month later~

"Parker Wendy Stone!!!! Get down here this instant! We are not leaving without you!!" my mother yelled from downstairs.

"Just give me 10 minutes!" I yelled back. She yelled a 'fine' and I sighed.

I sooooo didn't want to go to New York. I've been trying to find the positive side to moving there, but it was always unsuccessful.

I looked over my room with a frown. All of my posters and other possessions were no longer in my room but put neatly in my purple polka dot suitcases.

The walls were bare, only holding the color purple. My closet, completely empty as well as the rest of my room.

"Good bye" I said softly. This was the last time I would be in this place....my home.

Not wanting to cry, I put some flip-flops on, grabbed my 'life in a bag' and headed out of my bedroom.

I trudged down the stairs with a blank expression on my face. My suitcase banging against every carpeted step until I reached the bottom and it could be wheeled around.

I couldn't hear anything throughout the house so I had presumed that Dave and my mom were already waiting for me in the car.

I set my suitcase near the front door and sauntered over to every room in the house.

Every memory that I had, came rushing back into my mind with each step I took. I felt like I was being hurt all over and I became numb. This is the only home I've ever had and now we are leaving it behind as if it were nothing.

I took in a deep breathe and let it out.

I went to the front door and headed outside, my suitcase being wheeled behind me.

I saw Dave and mom in the front seat of the car, talking nonchalantly as if this wasn't effecting them at all.

I rolled my eyes with annoyance and anger.

I speed walked to the car opening the trunk. I threw my things in there and slammed the hatch. I opened one of the car doors, hopped in, and buckled my seatbelt.

When I was seated comfortably in the car, I could see that mom and Dave had abruptly stopped their conversation and were now looking at me.

"What." I snapped.

"Don't use that tone Parker." my mother said. She knew I was pissed so I don't know why she wants to talk to me right now.

"Look Parker," mom started. "I know that you aren't too keen on moving to a different place. I know that you hate the fact that you have to leave your only home behind. Please Parker, just try to see the bright side of all of this. If you do, I can guarantee that this whole experience will be worthwhile."

Dave was just staring at my mother the whole time she talked, then looked at me expectantly.

"Whatever" I replied.

Ignoring the sad look on both my mother's and Dave's face, I pulled out my iPhone and started to listen to Demons by Imagine Dragons.

They turned around and exchanged a few words that I obviously couldn't hear, before following the U-Haul truck to New York.

I saw my beautiful surroundings go by in a flash. They were soon replaced with unfamiliar scenery.

I groaned and placed my head on the head rest. I don't know how I'm gonna do this.

With that, I drifted into a deep slumber.

***********************************

"Wake uuuuuuuup. Sweetie, wake uuuup." I heard someone say.