Chapter 3

Two hours later, my room was organized to perfection. After I laid down on my bed for a half hour reading a story on wattpad, I told myself to stop and start unpacking.

Now all of my possessions were neatly put away. I'll probably have to reorganize them soon though, cause I'm such a slob!!!

I gazed at my haven with approval and admiration before going downstairs to the kitchen.

What I walked in on, burnt my eyes. My mom was on the kitchen counter with Dave standing in between her legs, sucking her face off. I felt like throwing up.

"Ahem" I said interrupting their make-out session. They turned toward me, bewildered and untangled themselves before standing there awkwardly.

"Where's Aunt Kelly with Dakota? They should be here already." I asked, ignoring their tomato red faces.

We couldn't travel with Dakota in the car because it was too small and Dakota was obviously too big. So my Aunt Kelly, who just so happens to be our neighbor in New York, offered to take care of her in for a couple of weeks before we would get here. That way, Dakota would get used to her surroundings.

My Aunt Kelly was also my all time favorite aunt!! (I know that I should not participate in favoritism but she's awesome!!) She is 32, but she acts and dresses like she is my age, which was both a good and bad thing. Kelly has curly black hair just like my mom and hypnotic ocean blue eyes. I thought she was so beautiful. She always did her makeup to perfection and she was the one who had gotten me interested in musicals. She's like a second mother no.....shes more like a sister than anything else.

DING DONG DING DONG!!!!

I jumped with fear before realizing that it was just the doorbell. My fear soon changed to joy once I realized this.

"That must be her" Dave said matter of factly.

He started towards the door but I beat him to it. I could feel him pouting at my back. Haha that's what you get for sucking my momma's face in front of me. It was gonna give me some pretty graphic nightmares.

I shuddered.

Brushing that thought away from my mind, I swung the door open and was knocked over by Dakota.

"Easy girl!! Omg!! You're really heavy!! Get off you fatty!!!" I joked.

Suddenly I heard some chuckling coming from the porch. That's when I finally saw my auntie Kelly.

I pushed Dakota off of me, much to her disappointment, and enveloped Kelly in a bear hug.

"You-----are------killing----me!----Let---go!!!" I heard her try to say.

I laughed and ended the hug.

"It's not that I don't love you pumpkin, it's just that your hugs are death traps." she said. She inhaled and exhaled some air dramatically.

I rolled my eyes. I guess acting runs in the family. I let her 'catch her breathe' before I said anything else.

"Have you been over feeding Dakota? I wasn't joking when I said she was heavy." I finally asked with a knowing smile.

She looked down with shame.

"You know I can never say no to those eyes!" she blurted out, pointing to Dakota. Dakota turned her head to the side in confusion making herself that much more adorable.

"See what I mean?!", she exclaimed.

I gave her a stern look but she knew I was just joking though.

"Whatever Auntie" I said causing her to wrinkle her nose.

"You know I hate when you call me that! Ugh forget it! I've got something to tell you." she exclaimed.