Chapter 4 - Cigarettes and Guitars

9th January 2017

"You and that camera." I sighed, opening the door wider to let him in, but I was not expecting Bob, Larry and Bondy to follow? They all walked in sluggishly talking to one another.

"He's always the last one to wake up...every time." Larry and Bondy
chuckled at "every time".

"Hey, guys, guys. Shh. Watch this." Van shushed them and made sure the room were completely silent. He approached sleeping Benji with the camera. His sleeping position, since I had moved not too long ago had changed to on his back. Van shook him, saying his name, once, twice, three times until he mumbled tiredly half asleep.

"We're goin' in an hour." Van spoke, deliberately trying wind up Benji. Benji rolled over, his bushy hair following. Van turned the camera to us standing in a line watching in amusement at Van's attempt to wake up Benji. Van laughed and Benji tried to swat him with his hand, missing, creating more laughter out of Van.

"C'mon man, wake up." Van splattered through his fit of laughter. His laughter was contagious, which caused us all to be laughing with him. Finally Benji gave in, turned around and sat up.

"Ayyyyy!!" We all shouted and gave him a round of applause, deliberately annoying him even more.

"You can fuck off Ryan, with that camera." Benji's voice was deep, I believe from waking up. It was the first ever time I heard Benji call Van, Ryan. Peculiar for me. Van actually told a false statement and that we were actually leaving in around two and a half hours. Typical. I decided to get ready now and put a bit of effort into what I was going to wear today. I excused myself and went into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. Once I had got dressed, I made sure that I cleaned up my mess. I saw that they had all disappeared. My initial thought is that it was Van's idea to hide from me but then after that my mind went blank. Where did they go? I got my phone and texted Bob:

'Hi, where are you guys?'

Seconds later he replied,

'Our room...'

'Ok.'

I got the card, made sure I had everything, double checked my appearance in the full length mirror and headed out of the door to the other side of corridor. I knocked, no answer. I knocked again, now answer. I texted Bob again:

'You're not here.'

'You sure you're not at Larry's?'

'No' I then looked up to see Larry opening the door. He is small isn't he?

"Sorry wrong room." I smiled.

"It's all good. Bob got confused last time too." Larry laughed as I thought to myself that I'm somewhat similar to Bob. I laughed at Larry's laugh and then asked him about where the boys were just to make sure that they wasn't kidding me again. This time, they wasn't. I thanked Larry and went to the room next to his and knocked.

"Password!" Someone shouted through the door.

"What?" I shouted back confused by what was happening right now. The corridor were completely silent apart from me and one of the guys shouting through the door to each other.

"Let me guess?...You're a dickhead, let me in?" I guessed joking, making a relevant rude comment.

"Ahhh. No!" I recognised their voice by them saying 'no.' And I believe it was Benji, so now I've got to get my geeky head on. What does he watch the most? What do I always see him watching? Star Wars!!

"Chewbacca?" I asked, trying to think of Star Wars characters I knew.

"Ahh. Nope."

"Um...Yoda?"