Chapter 12 - Tyrants

"It's nothing." I smiled at him as he looked down at me in his arms.

"Benji said it was something."

"It's nothing." I denied.

"Fine, whatever you say." Van squeezed me into a tight side hug and his chin rested onto my head.

Faint screaming came from inside the villa along with smashing of some sort. I immediately looked at Van who shrugged it off.

"Aren't you going to see what's happening?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Why should I when I've got you?" He placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Van, we need you. Benji's kicking off." Larry came rushing to the patio, out of breath almost. Van shot up and told me to stay put and Larry should stay with me.

"Larry..what's happening?" I asked, a bit shook. He rolled his eyes and placed himself on a deck chair opposite me lighting a cigarette.

"Benji. He's haywire when he drinks."

"But what about the screaming and smashing things?"

"Don't worry about it. It's fine. Bondy and Van will sort him out." Larry didn't seem very shocked by it..why?

"La-" I got cut off by some of the management members coming out saying they needed Larry.

"Stay here." Larry commanded me before  passing me his cigarette and rushing into the villa. "Finish it."

I looked at the cigarette. Should I actually finish it?

I put the orange tipped cigarette into my mouth and sucked, it created a strong lump in my throat what I swallowed, then blew out the smoke. I needed this. I puffed on the cigarette, taking my mind to some place else. Energy filling my veins, I saw Van's song book still at the end of the chair. My curiosity got the best of me and I dared myself to have a look.

Scribbles were engraved into some of the pages, most of them filled with words which were hard to read. My attention was brought back to the action inside. The shouting got louder, louder and louder - sounding like Benji and Van, until I heard footsteps approaching in a hurry.

It was bob.

"Is everything ok in there?" I asked. He looked at me like the answer was obvious.

"No." He simply said sounding annoyed leaning against the wall outside, breathing heavily.

"Uh..what's Benji done?" I asked as I haven't been given a proper answer.

He took a deep breath. "He threw the bottle he had at me."

"You?"

"Yes, me."

Then I realised..because of me.

"I'm sorry." I knew I had caused enough trouble.

He shook his head, "don't be daft. It's typical drunk Benji. He's just protective."

"Protective?"

"Of me."

"Oh." I knew he was protective but not that protective.

"It's nothing to do with you, don't worry." Bob reassured me. I nodded feeling a little more at ease. The night began to change as the streetlights began to turn on.