Chapter 24 - Homesick

He guided me to a table, similar to the one where I walked out.

"Ok, what is it?" I asked as we both rested our arms into the table.

"I wanted to see you." He sighed with guilt filling his eyes.

"Really? Then why didn't you see me?" I spat.

"I-I don't know.."

"Let me guess? Abby?" I felt something rise within me. A sense filling my heart what ached, making me feel angry.

"She's nothing to me."

"It doesn't seem like it the way she was running after you." I said, feeling more of this feeling.

"Are you jealous?" He asked, linking his hands together.

"No.." I denied.
I guess that was the feeling. Jealousy. Ok maybe I was jealous. Jealous of how he let her back into his life after everything she's done to him.

"Yes you are." He didn't smile, he just looked at me stubbornly, his now dark, droopy eyes staring into my soul.

"I'm not. I just don't like her." I tried to cover up my real excuse. "Why are you so secretive about meeting me?"

"I'm only looking out for you." He reached for my hand.

"It's obvious that's a lie." I rolled my eyes, resting back into the chair, removing my hands from the table. "I've always put out for you Van, it's obvious you don't try."

"I tried so hard to steer away from this place but now I've ended up with nothing to show for it.." he sighed, putting his hands in his face, rubbing it he let out another sigh.

"Then why come back?" I asked.

"Because of you." He looked at me deeply and I knew he was being deadly serious. Despite all of the noise and chaos going on around us, it felt like there was just me and him in the room.

"Francis. I do love you and I do care for you sooo much. I was wrong about what happened with you and the..." he didn't want to address the situation but I knew what he was talking about.

"I know I doubted you but I was never expected for us to last but I just needed myself to process what was happening with everything going on as well as everything around me. I was all over the place and when I'm not with you I feel like I'm missing something. It just doesn't feel right without you Francis."
He explained and I sat there not fully convinced.

"So you actually love me and you're not just saying it so I'll forgive you?"

"Francis, don't be daft. I've always loved you."

So he does love me.

"So you've never loved her?" I referred to Abby as her because she meant nothing to me.

"That's in the past, so no Francis, I do not love her." He now began to have a sarcastic tone, mocking me.

"So you only used each other?" I asked.

"Yes Francis. No feelings were harmed or injured during the process, just a few hearts broken." He tried to take this lighthearted but I wanted him to know that I'm being honest and serious with him.