Chapter 17 - Pub

"Are you okay Franks?" Larry asked.

"I don't know." I sighed lighting the cigarette between my lips.

"I can't believe she's back here. She stayed in Llandudno when we moved up here. She said she wanted nothing else to do with Van." He shrugged smoking his cigarette.

"So they dated for quite some time then?" I asked, a little shaken up.

"Yeah. A looong time. Ever since they met in high school until she called it off even though it was her fault." Larry explained.

"Her fault?"

"Llandudno's a small town." He tried to change the topic.

"Larry just tell me." I commanded wanting to know more of what happened between them.

"She got possessive over him."

"Possessive?"

"Controlling over who he could talk to. The way he wrote his song, to when he smoked. She always used to use Van. But he thought it was true love and that's how love should be."

"Oh." I furrowed my brows.

"That's the only girl he's loved in his life apart from you."

"So.." I didn't know what to say. What could I say?

"Don't worry Franky. She isn't going to hurt you." Larry tried to a reassuring smile.

"Are you sure? She doesn't know that I'm his girlfriend. In the toilets she threatened to hurt the girl who's dating him now."

"You didn't tell her?" He asked, raising his eyebrows, leaning against the wall.

"No." I shook my head. "I didn't want her to break me."

"Francis, she isn't going to break anyone, not even you."

"Are you sure about that?" I asked. Before Larry could reply, a figure walked out of the door.

"Oh there you are Larry. Van's looking for you and uh.." she looked at me as if I was a piece of dirt. With a laugh her hand went across Larry's chest.

"Francis."

"Anyway..we're all waiting." She ruffled his hair.

"Okay, we're just finishing these n we'll be back in." Larry rolled his eyes, taking a drag of his cigarette.

"Don't be too long." Her hand trailed off his body and she walked back inside with her underwear on full display.

"What was that?" I asked letting out a laugh.

"Don't ask. She's so fucking messed up." Larry sighed, stubbing out his cigarette.

"I don't want to go back in." I stayed put with my cigarette.

"You owe me a cig then." He smiled.

"Fine! I'm coming." I laughed and I stubbed out mine then following Larry back in through the crowds of people.

When I sat down, my hip began to hurt again. What a great time hip. Thanks.
There were now three more trays on the table.

"What the fuck?" Larry mumbled a scoff next to me. He nudged me to see Van and Abby dancing near the bar.

"Come on." I sighed and pulled Larry towards the table.

"Franky you need to go stop him." Larry raised his voice as we approached the table now with a pissed off Benji and Bob and a very drunk Bondy.

"What's she doing with Van?" Larry demanded like my brother, as he slid next to Bondy.

"Yeah what SHEee doing with VAnnN." Bonds joined in, raising his voice at 'she' and 'van'.

"Shh." We all shushed him. I was not drunk. I wanted to be to forget all of this.

"Look, we tried. There's no way to get her off him." Benji explained, taking a beer. I grabbed one downing half of it.

"They haven't done anything, have they?" I asked, feeling my heart race.

"I don't think so." Benji shrugged.

"Hey fella." Bondy held up a small empty bottle with a cork from next to him.

"What's that?" I asked. Benji took it off him and Larry looked around.

"Ah." He leant down and he picked up a small black shoulder bag.

"Is that hers?" Benji asked. His eyes sparked evilly.

"Look in it then!" Bob persuaded Larry and he opened the bag and he pulled out her phone.

"Yes!" He chuckled and unlocked it. His eyes scanned the phone and his thumb began scrolling. A confused then daggers shot out of his eyes.

"Hi Ryan, you back in Llandudno yet?" Larry spoke like he was reading out a conversation.

"No, I'm up in Yorkshire."

"Wait, where abouts?"

"Halifax."

"No way! I live ten mins from there. I want to see you again"

"Not a good idea"

"Why not?"

"I've got someone now. And remember last time?"

"It's not going to be like last time."

"I love her, I don't love you anymore. I've moved on."

"You never returned the favour"

"Fine. Meet me at the pub at seven"

"Bring ya girl, I wanna see how far you've downgraded"

"Shut up. We're meeting, doing the favour and then you're leaving"

"Ok"

"Don't say anything to anyone, not even Franky"

"Is that her name? Cute."

"I mean it. Pub at seven"