three

-Hermione Granger-

"It's the big day!" Luna squealed. After opening my eyes to see an enthusiastic Luna, I checked the clock: it was seven thirty. 

"Uh, sweetie, it wasn't really necessary to wake up this early," muttered a half-awake Draco, cuddling with the bed sheets. One of his leg was out of it, featuring the bottom of the Rudolph pajama he wore at our wedding night. I smiled uncontrollably. 

"Hey, look what Uncle Harry sent me!" Shouted Stella, running towards us and then jumping on the bed.

"What is it?" I asked, hoping it wasn't a new object that she'd use for her mischievous plans. Even though I appreciated what Harry was doing, I didn't want Stella to get detentions for throwing dungbombs in Chloe Dazzle's dorm- the Hogwarts version of Regina George, as she told me. 

"It's a cloak!" Luna chipped in.

"You just ruined the whole thing!"

"Sorry," Luna brushes. 

No, no no! I just hoped it wasn't-

"See, you can't see my body now!"  Screamed Luna. 

It was the Invisibility Cloak.

"Give that to me. Now," I demanded. The girls looked mortified.

"But why?" 

"Because it's stupid that Harry gives you stuff that will just serve some vicious deeds so that he can fill the void in his heart!" I had said it and I knew I shouldn't have. There was an awkward silence now. I desperately tried to make up for it.

"Girls, I didn't mean to say that, it's-" I stopped mid-sentence. Stella and Luna were already headed downstairs, Luna having tossed the cloak on the bed. 

"Let me give this to Stella," Draco whispered heavily, before kissing me. "And I shall see if Lysa woke up," he added, placing one more kiss on my lips. 

I could understand that girls were frustrated so I decided to wait a little before everything cooled down. I spent a couple of minutes thinking about Harry. Girls really loved her and I was so selfish, so concerned with myself that I didn't catch up with my old friend in months. I just knew he was so upset. Who wouldn't be? Yes, Ginny was improving and still writing us apologizing letters but we all knew it would never be the same again. Thinking back, I wondered how Ginny could have fallen for someone like Blaise. 

4th Grade

"Will you ask her out?" Seamus laughed. 

"Oh no, you so fucking won't!" Shouted Ron.

"Isn't it better than some Slytherin asking for her hand in marriage? I mean, your sister's the bomb. Eventually someone will propose to her."

"I am not letting her! Besides, didn't your best friend like her?" Ron's anger was soothed for a second, thinking he made a great comeback.

"Dean is interested in older gals now. It's Alicia Spinnet! But dude, you need to stop being so overprotective and treating her like she's your property. She can handle herself, let Harry try. You wouldn't like a Triwizard Champion (and your best friend) going to the Yule Ball all alone, would you?" 

"Okay Harry," he sighed. "I'll let you try."

Harry ran to the Common Room, full of self esteem, he was feeling great today. There she was, sitting by the couch, battling with a Potions homework. It was the perfect opportunity...right?

"Hey Ginny! You know there is this ball, uhm... Would you like to come to the Yule Ball with me?"  Ginny's face fell. Harry couldn't understand, he thought that she'd accept enthusiastically. However, after stammering a bit, searching for words, she replied dryly.

"Thanks for asking but I had some other plans."

"Other plans? I thought you were dying to go to this ball. I thought you liked me and I thought that we could be the it couple someday because I love you Ginny. I love you."

"Sorry Harry but I don't . You just can't be angry at me because of my feelings. Things have changed, so did I."

"Who is it then?" Screamed Harry, it was like a nightmare. "Who might be that glorious knight?"

"None of your business," she left, bumping harshly on Harry's shoulder.

Ginny was furious. Yes, she liked Harry once but that was before he seemed so discreet and uninterested. And she most certainly didn't want to deal with Harry's tantrums. Trying not to think of it, she headed to the Great Hall. There he was, showing off his pearly white teeth as he laughed. She loved his laugh and encouraged by this, she walked towards him, not caring if Draco was next to him. 

"Hey Zabini," she tried to look cool. But being cool never worked when you tried hard.

"What is it, Weaslette? Came to ask me if I could buy you some new socks?" He pointed his finger to her ripped socks. Everyone in the hall was staring at them with amusement. Her eyes were about to fill with tears but she pushed them back, still trying to play it cool.

"I was going to offer you my company in the Yule Ball, it's for a Truth or Dare."

"You came from there," he showed the entrance to the hall, "And your friends are there," pointing out Hermione and Luna looking at them, stunned.

"So you were stalking me."

"So you admit it wasn't a Truth or Dare. In both ways, my answer will be a big no."

Gawking voices rose from the crowd. Ginny was crying now.

"You little bastard! You think you are superior to all? Big shocker, you are not; in fact, the one with the weakest character. I hate you!" 

And then she passed out. 

I had heard it all from Lavender that night. Both of them were upset now. But humans and feelings... they are complicated stuff. I thought it would be best for me to go downstairs now.

Brian was laughing, drools coming out of his mouth. His blond, untamable hair shone through the light. Luna, Stella and Draco was heavily engaged in a conversation but Luna was constantly giggling. When Stella turned to me, her eyes as cold as eyes like the first time I saw her, I was scared, of how far I went with my words.

"I really am sorry. I don't know how I said those things about such a dear friend. To be honest, I was just stressed about not seeing both of my daughters for the school year."

Luna came next to me, hugging me tightly. "It's okay Mummy," then her eyes sparkling in thought of what she was going to say next. "Can we go to the station now?"

I guessed I could have breakfast later. 

"Sure, sweetheart."