four

-Hermione Granger-

Going to the train station as a parent felt so strange. This was my third time doing it, but still, the images of the younger me, Harry and Ron passed in front of my eyes. All the feasts we had, how the boys made me do their homework, the club I tried to create for house elves, the peculiar things that always happened to Harry... God, I was 12 when we were seeking the Philosopher's Stone! The last 18 years had passed so fast and our children were growing as well. I didn't think it was about being 31 soon, just the odd sentiment, more like missing home. The girls were lucky.

I guess Stella taught me some better taste in clothes. Instead of those hideous sweaters, I was wearing a grey, tight dress with transparent shoulders. Stella was dressed in green and silver of course and well, Luna and Draco were dressed up in baggy clothes to give that "I don't actually care." vibe. Both of them cared. 

But the thing I appreciated the most was that Draco cared because he wished for a great experience for his daughter, I knew it wasn't about her being chosen to whatever house. He wasn't biased towards diversity, he chose to appreciate it. After all those racist remarks, he eventually married who his young, ignorant self would have called mudblood

"Mom! Are you there?" Shouted Stella, waving a hand in front of me. 

"Sorry, I was just daydreaming."

"Well, we are off to go," Stella wailed. 

"So, there is the 9th and 10th platforms and it says 9 3/4. How's that even possible?" Luna demanded, not coming to bid farewell to Stella before out of jealousy. 

"Oops, can't tell muggles!" It showed that Stella truly enjoyed this.

"You know that I am not a muggle, I received a letter from Dumbledore himself!"

"Then why don't you go on and show me what you can do?"

"If you help me find Hogwarts, I'll learn some spells, especially the ones that can hex you to oblivion."

"Should I be scared?"

Luna opened her mouth to reply, her face was as red as a tomato. Luckily, Draco interrupted her from saying something she'd probably regret later.

"We wizards secretly go through the wall between the ninth and the tenth platform. Make believe you are Kim Possible, no muggle must see you."

"Dad, are you making fun of me too?" Asked Luna, with a doubtful look on her face.

"Nope, see you on the other side!" He rushed into the wall after seeing no one around, we followed him, walking like The Pink Panther on Luna's request.

And there they went off to the nostalgic Hogwarts Express, steam covered the station as it parked on the railway. I attempted to help Luna, who tried to get her suitcase up, however, Draco stopped me.

"Let her handle it herself."

I think that it was the moment that I realized they were becoming independent individuals and deep down, it hurt. Perhaps that was because I felt the need to constantly check up on someone. Without that, I was hollow inside. 

"I know people doing their own thing is killing you but can't you chill down a bit and let them live?" Suggested Draco, he reminded me so much of Ron by the word chill. I got where he was going, nevertheless was slightly offended.

"It's probably that I think it's the only thing I am perfect at."

"Doesn't matter, I love all your perfect imperfections." He leaned on to kiss me and suddenly, a whistle was heard. I turned my head towards the train once again.

"They are leaving!" I waved my hand so promptly that it was blurry. They both waved back enthusiastically and then the train departed, it's image becoming smaller by every second. 

+++

An end of another chapter! Although I tried to slow it down a little bit (I write a bit fast paced), the action starts soon! So the chapters will get longer too (I know they are short at the moment). What are your thoughts so far? Let me know in comments. And don't forget to smash that vote button!

Love,

wildie