Chapter Six ☼

My phone rang.

I picked up the call. "Hello?" I said in the tired, sleepy tone.

"Cam, wake up, girl. I'm coming over to get you. Be ready."

"What? Okay. Twenty minutes." I hung up and get back to sleep until a few seconds later my alarm rang.

Screw it! What is the alarm for? I didn't even remember turning on the alarm on my phone. I turned it off and forced my eyes open. I realized that I didn't know who called but I was sure as hell that it was Jess.

I crawled out of my comfortable bed and went straight to the bathroom. Thanks to mom and dad for theit concerns of a daughter's privacy, I got my own bathroom in my room.

I wouldn't mine sharing but Ken likes to spend a lot of time in there doing god-knows-what and it pissed me off.

Stripping off my clothes wasn't a huge deal. I turned on the shower and let the water fell and ran down all over my body while brushing my teeth at the same time. Too lazy to stay to long in there, I finished up my business in less than five minutes.

I wrapped a towel around myself and remembered yesterday noon's tragedy when Joe saw me half-naked in the same towel. Thanks to the Lord of the Universe, the towel did not slip off me when I was standing by the window.

I walked to my closet and searched for something I could wear for the day. I don't know where we were really going. Maybe something simple and symbolize me would be fine.

I shivered because of the coldness. I wore my underwear as fast as I could manage and put on a pair of black jeans with red sweatshirt, and a pair of black Converse. I took the bag I used yesterday because my laziness told me not to change to any other bag.

Quickly, I ran down the stairs and saw mom making pancakes. I took one from the plate and shove it into my mouth. I kissed mom a goodbye after I heard a honking car outside.

"Cam, where are you going?"

"Out with the girls."

"Do you need some money?"

"No, thanks mom. Gotta go now. See ya!" I shouted.

I got into the car's passenger seat and buckled the seat belt. I looked at driver. As expected, it was Jess. "Hey. New car?" I asked her as she drove off my driveway.

"Of course, honey. My mom bought it for me. A gift she said," she shrugged.

"Beautiful."

"Cameron, don't leave me out of the topic, please." I heard Serena's voice and turned to looked at the backseat.

"I didn't realize we have a company here," I said to Jess.

"Me neither," Jess said.

"Actually, you don't notice me here. Hellooo...?" Gwen said.

"Omg, I didn't saw you back there. How are you?" I asked her.

"Normal, really. Sitting in the back, here with a hyperactive teenager is making me sick as hell. Send me to the hospital," she teased Serena.

"Hey, watch your mouth," Serena slapped Gwen lightly on her shoulder.

Jess chuckled. "Okay, children. Stop arguing."

"Sorry, mother." Serena said to her and both of them ended up laughing.

When fifteen minutes past, Jess announced to us that we have arrived at the mall. She parked her car and we got off it. I stood at the entrance. Serena pulled my arm and dragged me in. I had no choice but to follow.