the letter : pt. two

the letter : pt: two
swanqueen

Regina drove.

For how long? She didn't know.
How far? She didn't know that either.

She only knew that she needed to get away and clear her mind.

As she came to stop light her mind started to drift to Emma.

She imagined Emma sitting at a table with Killian. Fingers intertwined. Eyes locked. Hearts racing.

Regina's eyes began to tear up but she quickly blinked them away. Stop thinking about her she told herself.

A horn blew and Regina jumped. She realized the light had turned green and she took off. Driving to nowhere in particular.

...

[back in storybrooke, a few minutes after Regina left]

Emma's pov

"You okay, love?" Killian asked.

Emma ignored him and continued to look out the window towards the front of the diner. She knew something was wrong with Regina. The way her voice slightly quivered when Emma was speaking to her. The way Regina looked at her before leaving. Something was wrong. But what?

"Emma?" Killian said.

She looked at him now and frowned. "Something's wrong with Regina." She said.

"What do you mean?" Killian asked, "she looked fine earlier..."

"No," Emma said. "Something is wrong. I can feel it. "

She turned around and looked at the empty booth where Regina was sitting before. Emma thought back on all the events she could remember and saw Regina throwing a crumpled napkin into the trash can

No...not a napkin...

She stood up just as Ruby was pulling the full bag of trash out of the can.

"Wait!" she shouted. Ruby looked up at her confused.

Emma saw the crumpled paper underneath a banana peel.

She picked it up, uncrumpled it, and read....

"What is it?" Killian asked after following her. He was confused and a little hurt that Emma wouldn't talk to him or explain what was going on.

Emma sighed quietly and tucked the paper into her pocket.

"I need to find Regina." Was all she said before leaving the diner and taking off in her yellow buggy.

To be continued...

-i hope you liked this :)

-vote. comment. request. 💕

-thanks for reading :)