04

Staring out the window and I sighed for the nth time, how could this get so complicated. I thought it was best to let him go, but then he pleaded to let him stay. He has nowhere to go, he needed the job.

And on the other hand my husband has been overly jealous of him, not a single moment that we haven't argued about it. That was so unlike him, his the type of person that always calm and compose. But this event makes him another person. I can't even make it look straight to his eyes because I'm afraid what might happen.

I sighed again. I should understand him, it wasn't just something that's okay for him, the guy was my ex so it's only natural I know.

"Ang lalim nun ah?" I was startled with that voice, I turned around and saw Xavier on the door. I mentally shook my brains to stop being too kind to him, and put him on a pedestal because this is my marriage at stake here.

"You should've knocked." I told him coldly.

"I did and I guessed, you're too pre-occupied with your own thoughts so I just barged in. I'm sorry." He look down his shoes and handed me a portfolio. "This has all the sales for this months fare."

"Thank you place it on my table. I'm sorry if I -"I look at him as he slowly puts down the portfolio and cuts me off.

"You don't have to ma'am. I should be the one apologizing, but I badly need this job if there's just anything I can do to make him understand me being here." He cuts me off and look me in the eye. He sighed

"Call me if there's anything you need, Mrs. Cai." Then he stormed off.

I stared at the door for awhile, thinking. What happens 3 days ago was a blur, my husband never listened to my every explanation. He was consistent of firing Xavier, but I just couldn't. Somehow I have pity him for loosing his son, sadly he didn't survive the operation the day I gave them the money. I closed my eyes and inhaled the scent of my red wine.

"I know I shouldn't ask for your consideration but please hear me out, I have no one. I lost my son, I lost everything. And this job is what's keeping me alive, I need this. Please don't let me go." He asked, more of begged on me, but I can't let him stay. Siya ang magiging dahilan ng paghihiwalay nami ng asawa ko pag hinayaan ko to. "I'll talk to your husband, just let me stay."

I gulped down the wine and sigh again, ang laki ng problema ko kapag naalala ko yung time na nag usap kami ni Xavier hindi ko maiwasan maawa sakanya. Sobrang saklap siguro ng naging buhay niya nuon. Kaya naman di ko din mapagbigyan yung asawa ko. If only I could do something to have the both of them talk.

I looked at my phone as it rang, someone's on the other line calling. I picked it up as I saw it was my husband.

"Yes?" It's awkward the atmosphere is very awkward and it's too frustrating.

"Where are you?" He asked as if he was drunk, wait is he drunk?

"Office, wait have you been drinking?" I heard him scoff and chuckle.

"I've been drinking coffee for like 3 times a day and 8 glasses of water." From the way his voice was, he's absolutely drunk!

"Where are you?" I asked getting my coat on my swivel chair and the bag beside my table.

"Oh well, hmm. Where am I, well you see there's Jane taking good care of the costumer and Lorence guarding the lobby. You guess!" Then turned off the call. He's here in my office. I walked towards the door and to the elevator.

"Ma'am where are we going?" Xavier asked I closed my eyes, I forgot him.

"You should finalized your work and packed up if you're done, then leave." The elevator door opens and I got in. I reached the lobby and saw him, my husband, sitting on the couch.

"Ah, yes. My wife." He opened his arms wide, waiting for me, to go up to him and hug him. I walk slowly and sat next to him.

"What's up with you?" My voice is visible of worry and irritation. He smirked.

"Well my wife, obviously has a new secretary, which is necessary but what's not necessarily needed, is to hire your ex boyfriend." He just throws those words as if he was talking to a child.

"Come on, get up, let's go home." Inalalayan ko siya hanggang sa makarating kami ng parking lot. My employees were trying to help us but I told them that I can manage, I hate them seeing how vulnerable our situation is right now.

"Alessa, wait." I gulped, ninerbiyos ako. Why does he have to follow me down here. My husband and I turned around, I felt him tensed and grip the side of my waist. He then whispered in my ear.

"What does he want, huh? To take you away from me? What did you promise to him." He sounded so jealous and angry, this is not good.

"What is it?" I asked instead to Xavier.

"Can your husband and I talk?" I gasped with his authority. I saw in my peripheral view that Zekyl clenched his teeth.

"Maybe some" my husband immediately cuts me off.

"Yes sure, will you wait for me on my car? I'll be there after this." He kissed me torridly in front of Xavier and I kissed him back to assure him that I'm his wife. No one's gonna take me away from, not even Xavier.

"Don't fight, both of you. I'll be in the car, see you tomorrow Xavier." I turned my back and walked to his car. I saw them walk out of the parking lot. I waited for almost half an hour in the parking lot, walking back and forth. I'm really not comfortable with leaving them talk but I trust my husband. As an hour passed I panicked. What's taking them long.

"Hon." I looked at my husband and ran towards him.

"Thank god, are you okay?" I searched for a scratch, or anything on his face but all I could see was his smile, those genuineness in his eyes.

"We talked and were good, I love you." He cupped my cheeks and make me look at him straight the eye. "I love you so much and I'm sorry if I was being coward and stupid."

"No, no hon. I'm sorry, it's me that should say sorry to you. But believe me I was just being generous to him, he needs the job. I love you hon, so much." I kissed the tip of his nose.

"Let's go home." We drove off the parking lot all the way to our house, I've never felt much more content than having him beside me. My husband, the one who's willing to do anything for me.

"Hon, sana buntis ka na talaga. Gusto ko na magkaanak." I squeeze his hand at dinala ko ang kamay niya sa bibig ko't hinalikan.

"I do hope so hon. The sooner the better." Plano ko na din kasi na tumigil muna sa pagtatrabaho kapag na buntis na ako, ewan ko ba kahit ilang beses na namin tinry di pa din ako ma buntis buntis.

"We're here, what would you like for dinner?" He asked as he unbuckle his and my seatbelt. I grinned.

"You, I want you as my dinner served on my bed." Nagitla sya sa sinabi ko at tinignan ako, may ngiting nag lalaro sa kanyang labi.

"You're being naughty my wife, let's go make babies." Lumabas siya at mabilis na umikot and he carried me all the way to our room. I guess we'll starve ourselves with food but damn I'm excited! Ma buntis na sana ako.

------
Sana may nagbabasa pa din hahahaha almost a year na ba? Oh year na simula nung last update. Please do comment!