02

Two weeks ago, my husband promised me he'll quit and a week ago he told me his taking over his fathers company. His giving me all of his attention now, not like when he was a doctor. Don't get me wrong but I'm proud of him being a doctor and saving lives, but he hasn't have time for me and whenever he does someone will call him and ask for assistance.

I sighed, I'm being selfish again but then his just letting me and he still chose to be by my side. How I love my husband. My thoughts are interrupted by a knock, I look at my wrist watch and it's already nine in the morning.

"Come in." I say and I saw my secretary coming in. "What is it?"

"Ma'am I have here all of the reports and sales of ABC for last month." I nod and she puts all of the papers on my table. I uttered my thanks and reviewed the papers. As I was scanning the papers I saw my secretary still in front of my table, I raised my head.

"Is there something you'd like to say, Fren?" I saw her taking deep breaths and tapping her shoes. I know she's going to say something important, maybe she wants to borrow a money.

"Ma'am, kasi po ano." She is fidgeting, I can see that. May inabot siya sa aking paper an closed paper to be exact. "Mag re-resign na po sana ako, kasi po ma'am. I-I'm pregnant po at uuwi po ako sa amin para po sana duon iluwal ang anak ko. Pasensya na po, Ma'am kung biglaan po." I sigh

"I won't take your resignation but I'll give you your maternity leave, I don't want to lose you Fren you've been so honest and loyal to me for the past years. Be sure that after mo manganak eh babalik ka dito ha?" I smiled at her and saw her in tears.

"Naku ma'am salamat ho, don't worry po pagka panganak ko babalik agad ako dito. Salamat po talaga." I dismissed her and sigh, I guess I should find an temporary secretary for myself. I took my phone out and texted James, our companies publisher. I've asked him to publish to a newspaper about the said position para sa temporary secretary ko.

Sana may makuha agad, ngayon pa naman mawawalan na may incoming event kami para sa Summer. I stood up from my swivel chair and look outside my office, through my windows I can see the busy street of Manila.

I was sighing when I heard my phone ring. I answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Mrs. Cai this is James, I've got some of people here wanted to get a chance to be your secretary. Should I send them to the conference room?" James is indeed a well trusted one, he got it covered for me how thankful I am to have him.

"Yes, please do so. Thanks James!" I ended the call and get my signature pen as I stormed out of my office. Hopefully, may mapili na akong temporary secretary.

As I get to the hallway everyone there stood up and give me their smile and good mornings, I'll just give them a nod and a smile.

As I enter the conference room si James agad ang bumungad sa akin, he gave me the resumes and made me sit on the center. I signaled him to start the interview para maaga nang matapos.

---

"Thank you, ABC will contact you. Have a good day!" I smiled as I dismissed the fifteenth applicant, still doesn't have that special that'd been searching. I turned around as I waited for the next applicant, wishing this would've be the last I'm hungry. It's past 1 in the afternoon already!

My husband have been calling me to stop and get something to eat but I just have to finished this, 4 applicants left and we're good to go. I heard a cough so I turn around but what's in front of me shook my world, bloody hell.

"Xavier?""Alessa?" We both shouted, omg! His here and his changed, I mean his features, those lashes, his eyes, what a small world! I smile as a realization hit me, I didn't feel hurt nor those feeling when I get to stare at him. Yung parang kinikilig and your heart beats fast.

"Ma'am should we proceed?" James interrupted, I shook my head as a sign of no.

"No need, I think I've got myself a new secretary." Finally I have someone I could trust to, I know I could trust him and besides I wanna help him and his wife. We've ended at a wrong foot and I want to make it right and I am thankful because if not for him, I wouldn't have got Ezekeyl.

I stood up and smiled at Xavier, I turn and gave James the papers and gave him an acknowledgement for his good work.

"Well how are you, If you don't mind hindi ko na tinapos ang interview kasi I want you to be my secretary for a while. Wala kasi akong ibang mapagkatiwalaan eh, ayos lang ba sayo?" I gave him an honest smile, I saw how shock he was and hurt? Or was I just hallucinating? I shrugged it off and just focus on my hungry stomach. "Do you mind if I ask you to eat with me? We have a lot of catching up to do."

"S-Sure, I don't mind." I immediately get back to my office as he followed me, get my bag and we're off to the cafeteria.

"What do you want, Xavier?" I ask as I was checking the menu, I know many of my employee were eyeing us. Who wouldn't? I mean the CEO of the company was in the cafeteria, with a stranger at that and to think she already have a husband.

"Alessa, I'm fine. Samahan na lang kita kumain wag mo na lang akong bilhan busog rin kasi ako." Nakayukong sabi niya, bakit ba siya nahihiya? Bahala nga basta ako gutom ako at kakain ako, bumili na lang ako ng kanin, fried chicken tapos burger na lang ang binili ko sakanya.

Humanap agad kami ng mauupuan, we found one sa may dulo ng cafeteria. As we settle down nakita ko naman ang mapang usisang mata ng iba, I stared at them but they seemed too dumb to notice, I just shrugged it off at itinuon amg pansin sa pagkain. I'm just too hungry to give a damn to them!

"You still haven't changed, Alessa. Ang takaw mo pa din!" Xavier blurted out and I almost got choked, kung hindi lang ako naka inom agad nang tubig, salbahi nito ngayon lang uli kami nagkita tas ganito pa?! Sinamaan ko nga ng tingin.

"Walang pakialamanan, mamaya mo na ako kausapin away muna tayo ngayon gutom ako." I continue after a while I was done, sa wakas nabusog din. Napatingin ako sa harap at kitang kita ko na naka nganga siya habang naka tingin sa akin, oh well.

"Alam ko na maganda ako Xavier pero wag mo namang ipahalata na gandang ganda ka sakin." I flipped my hair, wala lang feel ko lang.

"Feeling ka pa rin hanggang ngayon pero iba yung nagpa nganga sa akin." My brows furrowed.

"Eh ano? Kasi matakaw ako kumain?"

"No, this." As he grab my hand and looking at my wedding and engagement rings. Akala ko naman kung ano.

"Sus, parang ngayon ka lang naka kita ng singsing ah." I said in a matter-of-factly tone.

"Kailan ka kinasal at bakit di ko alam?" There's a sadness in his voice but I doubt it so I just shrugged it and smiled at him.

"So you're my secretary now, why don't you make kwento on what happen sa iyo and then were off para sa trabaho mo bukas." Ang cute lang na may bago na akong secretary bumalik pa yung ex ko na I'm sure magiging best friend ko.