cereal

Citrine

Citrine

A/N: Set after TWS and before Civil War.

"Cookies?"

"Check."

"Dog food? It's for Hank."

" ... Check."

"Bleach?"

"Check."

Wade tore up his grocery list and let out a long sigh. "God I hate shopping. So many old people!"

Al scoffed beside you. "Put your mask back on. People will think a dried up prune grew legs."

Wade gasped and clutched his chest. "I am a grape!"

You chuckled at the two and pushed the trolley down the aisle, stopping infront of the cereal. Now that Wade's items were picked, it was your turn to get your stuff.

Wade clambered out of the trolley, falling face first before getting up and grabbing as many boxes of cereal he could.

You glared at him. "Put. Them. Back. We're only getting one cereal and that's (your favorite cereal)."

"I need one box for every day of the week," he replied, slowly placing the boxes into the trolley as you glared at him. "And your cereal tastes like cardboard sauted in trash!"

Al smacked him on the back of his head. "Cut your shit out and listen to your girlfriend!"

Wade held his head and pointed an accusing finger at Al. "You are one strong old hag! Who's your supplier? You must be juicing!"

Ignoring him, Al blindly grabbed at the boxes and tried to place them back, occassionally knocking down more boxes in the process.

You gave her a thanks and helped her while Wade crawled back into the trolley and pouted.

You placed your hands on your hips and scanned the variety of cereals trying to spot yours.

"Al, push the trolley into that man!"

"Wade, shut the hell up."

You rolled your eyes at their bickering and eventually spotted the box. You stretched up to the top shelf, trying to reach it until a hand clad in black gloves grabbed it.

Your eyes wandered over to the stranger who was wearing a hoodie. You couldn't make out their face. Annoyance rose in you, prompting you to give the stranger a death glare.

Wade gasped from his spot in the trolley. "How dare you?!"

The stranger ignored Wade and briskly walked away. Did they not see me trying to grab the box? I was clearly there first, you wondered.

"Give me a boost, Al!" Wade shouted. The woman obliged, pushing the trolley as hard as she could. Wade stood as the trolley sped down the aisle towards the stranger. "Give me back my girlfriends shitty cereal!"

You watched in horror as Wade lunged for the stranger. Time seemed to slow down around you as Wade connected with them and they fell to the ground.

You ran towards the two as they both yanked on the cereal box. You heard Al cackling behind you as she fumbled to find the camera on Wade's phone, most likely to send pictures to Weasel, but it was a battle on its own due to her lack of sight.

"Wade! Get off!" You snapped and tried to yank him off the stranger.

"Never!" He yelled. "Not until he lets go!"

Your eyes roamed to the stranger's face. Their hoodie had fallen back in the scuffle to reveal long brown hair, hazel eyes and a slight stubble.

You gasped. "Bucky?!"

Wade spared a glance at you. "Bucky as in Cap's long lost boyfriend Bucky?!"

Bucky hissed and used Wade's momentary distraction to finally yank the box free. He shoved Wade with his metal arm and you were startled at how such a small push could send your boyfriend flying off.

Bucky ran off, clutching your beloved cereal to him as he did so.

Wade groaned on the floor. "That asshole!"

"What the hell just happened?" You whispered to yourself. You took out your phone and dialed Steve. The blond answered on the first ring. "Hey, Steve. I ran into Bucky. He stole my cereal and fought Wade for it."