XII. I'm going back

You had to go?

He wanted me to.

You almost died.

That's apart of life now.

+++

"Daryl, just slow up a bit," Shane said extending his hand. "I need to talk to you."

"About what?" He asked slowing down.

"About Merle. There was a... There was a problem in Atlanta."

"He dead?" Daryl mumbled quietly

"We're not sure," Shane stated placing his hand on his hips.

"He either is or he ain't!" Daryl snapped.

"No easy way to say this, so I'll just say it," Rick said stepping out of the crowd.

The way we all stood was in a circular shape. With everyone watching who was in the middle.

"Who are you?" Daryl asked

"Rick grimes."

"Rick grimes," He mocks. "You got something you want to tell me?"

"Your brother was a danger to us all, so I handcuffed him on a roof, hooked him to a piece of metal. He's still there," Rick stated simply.

"Hold on. Let me process this. You're saying you handcuffed my brother to a roof and you left him there?!" Daryl snaps.

He was clearly angry as blood rised to his cheek.

"Yeah."

Daryl immediately goes to attack him, but Rick shoves him off.

"Hey! Watch the knife!" T-dog yells as Daryl removes his weapon from between his belt.

We all step back. Lori and Carol grab their children and remove them from the violent scene.

Daryl charges again, but this time Shane is able to come up behind him and put him in a chokehold.

"Okay. Okay?," Shane said annoyingly.

"You'd best let me go!"

"Nah, I think it's better if I don't."

"Choke hold's illegal," Daryl pointed out.

"You can file a complaint," Shane said sarcastically. Daryl immediately began to struggle under his grip. "Come on, man. We'll keep this up all day."

"I'd like to have a calm discussion on this topic. Do you think we can manage that? Do you think we can manage that?" Shane repeated. "Hmm?"

"Mmm," Daryl mumbles.

Shane lets him go leaving a pissed off Daryl alone.

"What I did was not on a whim," Rick paused. "Your brother does not work and play well with others."

"It's not Rick's fault. I dropped it," T-dog butted in.