3. Anjali✔

Morning, 8 AM

"Anjali, get up its 8 o' clock. If it is Sunday, it does not mean that you will sleep the entire day," screamed a woman from the kitchen.

In the living room, a man, about 56 years old, was sitting with a girl of 24 years of age. Hearing the screaming voice from the kitchen, they both started laughing. The woman came to them and said, "What type of father are you Sanjay? Your one daughter is sleeping and the other one is laughing here. Aditi, don't you have to study."

As she says this, both father and daughter start making faces. Then the man says, "Oh Neeta, today is Sunday. Let my daughters rest. Why are you always after them?"

"Yes Papa, Mumma is always scolding us," says the girl, giving an innocent expression. Then she continues, "Mumma, don't worry. Di has woken up and is having a shower. And I will study after some time. Now give me a smile." Saying this she gets up to hug her mother.

The man is Sanjay Mishra. He works as the marketing head in Agasthya Group Of Companies. The woman is his wife, Neeta Mishra. She is a housewife​. The girl sitting with them is Aditi Mishra, their younger daughter. She is in her final year of post-graduation.

As these three are talking, an average heighted girl enters the room. Her round face and wheatish complexion is complimented by her light-green eyes and short nose. What increases her beauty is her mesmerizing smile, which makes others smile as well. She is just like any other ordinary girl but her smile makes her stand apart.

 She hugs Neeta and says, "Kya Mumma, you don't even let me sleep." As Neeta turns to scold her, she gives a very innocent smile and goes to sit next to Sanjay. She is Anjali Mishra, elder daughter of Sanjay and Neeta. She is a teacher at a school.

The room was decorated with family pictures. The pictures made it quite evident that it was a fun loving family. The girls are very close to their father and it is the mother who had always taken up the strict role.

Sanjay - "Come on Neeta, are you not going to give us our breakfast."

Anjali - "Haan Mumma, are you planning to starve us to death."

Aditi - "Oh no! Please, Mumma, I don't wanna die."

Neeta - "Oh God! Grow up all of you. Always behaving like kids."

She brought their breakfast and the entire family sat down to eat Idlis and Sambhar. After they finished, Anjali stood up to make an announcement.

Anjali - "Papa, Mumma, today I am going for shopping and movie with Priya. So, I won't be home for lunch. I am leaving now."

Neeta "Okay beta. No problem."

After Anjali left, Sanjay and Neeta got into a serious discussion.

Sanjay - "She is a perfect combination of tradition and modernity."

Neeta - "Sanjay, you should think about it now. She has grown up. And now her studies are also completed."

Aditi (looking at their faces) - "What are you people planning to do?"

Neeta - "We are planning your sister's marriage."

Aditi - "What? When? Wow! This is cool."

Sanjay - "Aditi, tell us. Has Anjali thought about someone?"

Aditi - "I don't think so Papa. She has no one in her life yet."

Neeta - "What type of husband does she imagine for herself?"

Aditi - "She dreams of someone who understands her. Someone who will stand with her. She does not want her life partner to protect her against danger. She wants him to help her face the danger. She does not want romantic promises, she wants his trust and support."

Sanjay - "Is she a girl or what? No romantic thoughts, no prince charming, nothing. How is this possible?"

Neeta - "Sanjay, Anjali is different from others. You don't worry. She will get her prince. Our daughter is very special."

Sanjay - "I know. She is my princess. I won't marry her to anyone till I am sure. And you will not force her into marriage. There is no hurry. Aditi, don't tell her anything now."

Aditi - "Okay Papa."

Neeta - "Aditi, you go and study now. Your exams will start soon."

Aditi left the room and the couple continued discussing their daughter's future.

Shopping Mall, 10 AM

Priya - "Anjali, when am I meeting your boyfriend?"

Anjali - "You very well know Priya, there is no one in my life. I have not yet fallen in love."

Priya - "You are so boring Anjali. Acha tell me, what sort of person do you want?"

Anjali - "Understanding, supporting, trustworthy. His priority should be his family. I don't want those who think girls as an object. He should respect women. I don't want him to stand in front of me or to stand behind me. He should stand with me."

Priya - "Wow! Anjali. This is so cool. And how will you get him."

Anjali - "I don't know Priya."

Suddenly, Anjali's phone started ringing. It was her friend Neha's call. She answered it.

Anjali - "Hey Neha."

Neha - "Hey! How are you?"

Anjali - "I am good. You?"

Neha - "Listen. A day after tomorrow is my birthday. You are coming to my home in the evening. And inform that idiot Priya also. She forgot her cell phone at home. Aunty told me she is with you."

Anjali - "Why this birthday celebration suddenly?"

Neha - "You will know about it day after tomorrow. Now bye."

Anjali told Priya about Neha's birthday party. They both became suspicious of this sudden celebration. They talked about it and continued their shopping or rather examining everything and purchasing nothing. After four hours or so, both of them had bought a pair of jeans each. Later, Anjali left for her home.

Anjali's home, 3 PM

Anjali entered her house to find it silent. The family was resting.

Anjali - "Mumma, I am home."

Neeta brought her water, which she drank happily

Anjali - "Day after tomorrow is Neha's birthday. She has invited me to her home."

Neeta - "Why suddenly?"

Anjali - "God knows Mumma. When I asked her, she said that I will know it day after tomorrow."

Neeta - "Okay. You go and have some rest now. We will talk later."

Saying so, Neeta went to her room. Anjali also went to her room and found her sister sleeping like a baby. She caressed her hairs for some time and then herself went to sleep.

___________________________________________________

Why do you think Neha is celebrating her birthday???

Please vote and comment.