Part 4

Y/N's POV

Ashton's interesting. He has been here for around a week now. I've got to speak to him a lot this week. He's a nice guy and the children like him. 

I feel like we have become friends. Now that I know he isn't a threat, I have begun to trust him. His leg has healed so he can walk now. He's leaving today and to be honest I'll be sad to see him go.

I walk into the med hut, carrying his breakfast, which was a bowl of porridge.

"You're awake" I smile as I see him leaning over his bed, putting his few belongings into his bag that Calum had recovered for him.

He smiles at me.

"I brought you breakfast" I smile at him as I hand him the bowl.

"Thank you. I'll eat this then I'll be out of your hair" he says. He smiles but I couldn't help but notice the small look of disappointment in his eyes.

He sits down and brings a spoonful of porridge to his lips.

"Where will you go?" I ask as I sit down on the bed next to him.

"Honestly, I don't know." he sighs.

"You know you're welcome to stay" I say, nudging his shoulder. His head turns to look at me.

"Seriously?" he asks.

"Yeah, of course, everyone likes you. Obviously now that you're healed you would have to pull your own weight around here, but we would like to have you around" I say, giving him a genuine smile.

"I'd like that" he smiles.

Suddenly I feel his arms wrap around me, pulling me to his chest in a tight embrace.

I was surprised by his sudden action. I pat his back gently before pulling away.

"There's a spare bed in my cabin if you want, or you could stay in the med hut, it's up to you." I say as I stand up.

Ashton quickly finishes the last mouthful of his porridge before setting his bowl down the small table.

"I don't want to impose" he says sheepishly.

"You're not imposing. I know this hut isn't the most cheerful place and to be honest it would be nice to have some company" I shrug.

"Okay, as long as you don't mind" Ashton smiles.

I notice he had a really nice smile. I smile back at him.

"Come on, I'll give you the tour" I say as I stand up and nod my head towards the door. He stands up and follows me out.

Ashton's POV

This is the first time I had fully looked around the village. It was small, no more than fifteen houses that all join the central trodden down path.

I follow Y/N down the path, we reach a small wooden house that borders the forest. We walk inside.

It was a plain little home, there was a counter in the corner and a small table. There were two beds in the far corner, separated by another small table.

"You can take that one" she smiles at me as she gestures to the bed that wasn't covered in clothes.

I put my bag down on the bed before sitting down and testing the mattress. It was comfier than the one in the med hut. It was nothing compared to my mattress at the castle but I didn't mind.

"Ready for the grand tour?" she announces grandly.

I chuckle as I stand up from my bed and follow her out.