Part 13

Y/N 's POV

We arrive at the village mid afternoon. I mixture of nerves and excitement wash over me.

On the one hand I can't wait for them to be reunited, but on the other hand I know this has to be done delicately. Afterall Calum has spent the past two years believing she was dead. I couldn't just walk through the door with her.

I approach Calum's hut, he should be back from his morning hunt by now. I could see the look of anticipation on Eva's face, but there was no doubt she was nervous, her hands were trembling as she looked around the village. It has changed alot since she left but the eerie shell of what used to be is still here.

"I'm going to go in and talk to him, get him emotionally prepared, then you can come in" I say. I don't mean to sound so stern but this is Calum, the boy I've had to soothe to sleep because of his tormenting dreams. I wasn't going to let him see her until he was emotionally prepared to do so, regardless of whether she is my friend or not.

I knock on the door.

"Come in" he mutters.

I hear Eva's sharp intake of breath, not having heard his voice in so long.

I push through the door, shutting it behind me.

"Oh, you're back" he says coldly.

"What's that tone for?" I say, resting my hand on my hip and staring at him questioningly.

"Nothing, did you bring Prince fuckface with you or has he moved onto his next conquest?" he spits at me.

"He's the King now and no he's not here. I came without him"

"I never thought you'd be the type to let a man walk all over you" he mutters. Was he trying to start a fight?

"Cut the shit Calum, I'm not arguing with you right now. I only came back for you because it was important and when you know why, badmouthing the man I love is going to be the last thing on your mind"

"You're in love with him?" he questions, his voice no longer hostile, instead slightly understanding.

"Yes, but that's not the point" I say trying to get to the point.

"What's so important anyway"

"Well-"

"AAACHOOO" there was a loud sneeze from the other side of the door.

Calum's head snapped in the direction of the door, his eyes widening, his face going blank like he had seen a ghost.

He knew, I knew he knew.

Even after all this time, he still holds onto the sounds she would make. Well so much for delicately approaching the matter.

It's like I didn't exist anymore, he pushes past me, striding to the door and yanking it open.

I hear him gasp and I'm pretty sure he stops breathing. They just stare at each other, mouths agape, neither knowing what to say.

"Eva" he mutters in disbelief

"Calum" her breathing uneven as her eyes brim with tears.

Calum stumbles, catching himself on the doorframe.

Mila reaches out, taking his cheek in her hand. I can hear Calum's breaths quicken as he begins to cry. He pulls her to his chest, holding her tightly, both of them letting the tears flow.

I decide to give them their privacy and leave them to it. I exit through the back door.

I walk around the village saying hello to everyone. A lot of them asked me about Ashton but I brushed of their questions. I didn't want to have to explain everything to them right now.