Chapter 11

Unspoken words

"Many a times, he says more than he talks. His voice doesn't reaches my ears but his expressions reaches my eyes."

As I approached the doors of the room I will be living in, I saw my friends standing outside trying to open the door.
"Princess." Liza and Windy nodded as they saw me coming.
I reciprocated by nodding.
"What happened to the door?" Xavier asked addressing to Windy, "I don't think you are that weak to open the door."
He said with humor in his voice.
Although he was talking to Windy but his eyes were fixed on Liza. It was hard to ignore the blush Liza was trying to hold.

Oh, my my. So something is cooking here.

I made a mental note of asking Liza about Xavier.

"We can open this door Xavier, you know this." Windy said with a frown on her face.
"I bet you can." Xavier shrugged his shoulders as if challenging them.

"You can try yourself." Liza replied ,looking everywhere but at him.
" Okay then , will you mind getting a side ladies." Xavier came towards the door pushing girls aside.

Xavier pushed the door, nothing happened. He tried again with all his power and a cracking sound came from behind. Windy sniffed a giggle and Liza was trying very hard not to blush. I too was having a hard time controlling my laughter. Finally we gave in and started laughing our heart out, the guards joined us too. I saw Liza hiding her smile behind her blush and staring intently at the floor.

Oh, he doesn't like if someone makes fun of Xavier. Ahem Ahem.

"Okay, I think the door is blocked." Xavier said, embarrassed by our sudden out burst.
"Exactly I was trying to say the same thing, this room is closed since many years, so I think the doors got jammed." Windy replied.

"I think that too, otherwise,
what's this door in front of my strength"? Xavier joked and we started laughing again.

While we were busy talking in front of the room which was assigned to me, I saw Ruez approaching us.
I could tell by the look on his face that he was still angry.
His eyes met mine and I could read a thousand things going on in them.
He came to a halt in front of us.
The happy environment we had created evaporated at his arrival.

"What is going on here?" He questioned Xavier. "I had sent you along with Ayra , so that you can escort her to her room. And what are you doing here? Laughing and having fun? So carefree? You are the guards of this palace! Control your emotions!" He shouted at them.
Angry was dripping from his voice.

"I am sorry sir." Xavier said,his face red from embarrassment. "But the door to this room is jammed."

Meanwhile Ruez looked at me and then he took a deep breath.
"Call the carpenter to fix it as soon as possible." He told his servants still looking at me. His voice sounded less threatening then before.
"Prepare my mother's room for Ayra."
Everyone looked shocked by what he said.
"Queen's room , my prince?" Windy asked to confirm his words.

"How many mothers do you think I have? "
He questioned back. His voice sending cold Shrivers down my Spain.

"I.. I am sorry, I didn't mean it like that.." Windy whispered in a shaky voice. "All I was asking is no one is allowed to go to.."