Chapter 8

Unknown Truths

" Truth ,sometimes is hard to believe, but it's always better than a lie."

Suddenly the door to the king's chamber opened , revealing a lady of about my mother's age.
That lady was wearing a beautiful golden gown with diamonds embedded on it.
The woman extended her hand towards prince Ruez and he kissed it.
"Aunty Maira, how's father doing now?"
He asked with concern.

"He is doing fine for now son, we can only hope for the best."
she took a deep breath , as if grieving inside and then her eyes diverted towards me. As if sensing my present for the first time.
"Who do we have here?" She smiled.
I smiled back at the mention of my presence but before I could have answered her, Ruez replied
"She is Ayra, my princess."

As soon as Ruez said my name, expressions on her face changed . that smile she was giving me earlier converted into a frown. jealousy and anger crossed her face but just for a second.
I could have ignored it if I wasn't looking so intently at her.
And then that smile appeared again, in just a span of 10 seconds.

Fake. So fake.

" Oh Ayra, how delighted I am to see you!!! "
I bowed at the mention of my name.
"Me, too. Glad to meet you Aunt Maira..."
" Lady Maira," she objected. "I prefer that more ." She eyed me from tip to toe and turned towards Ruez.

What's the matter with her?

"I am sorry I won't be able to stay for long. Some work has called me, I will be back soon."
She tapped on Ruez's shoulder and started to leave .
"Good bye."
She bowed a little facing Ruez and then glared at me for a few second and left.

Why was she behaving like that in my presence? Did I do something which I shouldn't have?

I was about to ask Ruez why his aunt was behaving so wired in my presence when he entered the room.
"Come on we should go in." He stepped in and I followed.

I was lost in awe as I entered the room.
The room was illuminating with gold , silver and white glittering lights coming from the lanterns.
Saying that the room was beautiful would have an understatement. This room was beyond beautiful!
Mesmerising work on walls   large curtains , beautiful chandeliers , enormous living area and then a very large bed.

Bed was guarded by two guards on each side and four lady servents were standing near it, ready to provide anything which the king may need.
Ruez walked forward and sat on the bed near king , Which I supposed. I was still standing away from the bed, at an angle from where king wasn't visible.

"Father." Prince Ruez addressed the king.
"Ruez, is that you?" Came a week voice from below the covers.
"Yes, it's me. Look who I brought."

" Finally! Let me see her!"
Prince Ruez turned towards where I was standing and nodded his head , as a sign for me to come forward.
"Help me sit , Ruez." King told his son.
Ruez helped his
father to sit comfortably.
"Finally I met you Ayra. I am the king of Elemento , king Tenet."
King said.
"Delighted to meet you too sir." I replied without looking him.
And when I did, I knew he was Ruez's father by how similar they both looked.

King Tenet was extreamly handsome and weak. One would say that Ruez was the exact copy of his father with same tight jaw and long nose. His hair were black with streaks of four colors , white, blue , red and brown.
His eyes unlike Ruez, were pitch black , darker than darkness. I had never seen such black eyes.

"I am glad you found her at the right time, now start preparations for your matting. For your powers to increase , you will have to perform the ceremony soon." King Tenet told Ruez.