Chapter 18

Home

"Home is not just a place, but a feeling. Some places can feel like home. Some people can feel like home too. "

I woke up ,my head hurting. I didn't open my eyes. I just wanted to know what just happened. Who was the girl crying and who was that man, why he called her Ayra . Before I could think any further I heard some voices. A lady talking to a man.

"Will she be fine?" Queen Esma's voice, as I could depict said.

"She is, already. May be she is new to the energy she felt here, that's why she fainted. I cannot say anything unless she is awake. "He replied. "I will bring some more tonics for her."

I heard foot steps going away.

I opened my eyes and they zoomed in on the figure of Queen Esma sitting on a chair near the window. She looked exhausted but safe. I looked above me and saw a beautiful roof made up of leaves. Then I turned around and found a long shelf of books on one side, a long bench on the other. I was lying on a simple bed, unlike that in the palace.

I sat up on the bed. "Queen." I said.

Queen Esma smiled and came to my bed. "You are awake love. How are you feeling? "

"I am feeling better, where are we? " I asked.

She took her hand into mine. "We are at your home. We are in Bhu. "

That explains the reason I am feeling so good here. "When you fainted I didn't know where to go. I tried to lift you up with my light, but I was weak. I didn't wanted you to fall again. I hid you with leaves and steams then I ran for help. I found this man, he lives in the outskirts of Bhu and luckily he is a doctor here. So I brought you here. "She completed

"Why didn't you took help from that man?" I asked, my thoughts drifting back to that man who was hugging her daughter. So sad I was not able to see his face.

"What man? There was no one around. I had to walk a long distance to reach here. "She replied.

I looked at her, why she didn't saw him? I saw it clearly in front of my eyes. He was there and his daughter is also Ayra. Or may be some other name, I thought he said Ayra.

I opened my mouth to tell her that when the door opened and an old man entered with a cup in hand.

"Well, we see the girl is awake. How are you feeling now?" He smiled and came towards me.

"I am good, thank you." I replied back.

This man looked like he was in his early 60s. Although he was old but his eyes were still young. Brown, like mine. He wore something like a big green t-shirt ending till his knees with a big belt.

He came close to the bed and handed me the cup.

"You should have this. Drink."

I looked at the brown liquid, smeling something like green tea. "What is this?"

"It is a tonic, when the queen brought you here I examined you. It wasn't tough to guess that you were one of us when I first saw you. Queen told me everything. I have been living here just outside the town to help the victims. People come running towards my hut bleeding or scared. This place is protected by a spell. A spell from the king. Only a person who has Elemento in his heart can find this place." He turned towards the Queen. "Would you like me to send a message to the palace that you are with us? Everyone will be so happy to know that our dearest Queen is back."

I sipped my green tea or whatever it was, " Eeeuu" Couldn't control my mouth sometimes. Both of them turned towards me. "I am sorry, Didn't expect it to taste this ummm.."

"Wonderful?" queen smiled.

"Yes exactly!!"

"Thank you so much child, I am glad you like it. This is one of my best recipes. "The old man beamed.

Okay, so eeeuu here is not bad, good.

"I am sorry but what was your name sir?" I tried to change the topic. Although I am quite good at acting but I do not like lying.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce." Queen Esma stood up, "Ayra this is Dr. Love Hagrid. Dr. She is Ayra,my would be daughter." I noticed that she didn't say daughter-in-law, she said daughter.

Aren't you the luckiest, you have two loving mothers now.

"Well you do not need to tell me that, she is our hope and we all know her well." He smiled .

"The question is should we send a message to the palace or not." I said.

"I would say against it," Queen Esma replied. "We should rather not. News spreads fast. It will reach our enemies before it reaches the king. I am weak and Ayra doesn't know how to control her powers. I would rather say , we should live here for a couple of days. I will recover by the light of the sun and moon and for Ayra , Who would be a better teacher then you , Dr.?"

Dr. Love Hagrid nodded.

"So I guess we would be staying here for a while then. " I said looking at the green tea-tonic in my hands. I really hope I can cook my own food here. If this is the best ,I don't want to know what is his worst.

"So it is bright day outside, plenty of sun. We should go out Queen and as per you my child if you want you can rest or you can come out, I am sure you will love it outside." Old man said with a smile.

"I would actually love too. I want to see how Bhu looks like." I jumped out of the bed.
As much as I would like to see how Bhu looks like, I want to go out just in case I can see that man again. He looked strangely familiar.

Then come, the moment I was about to take a step outside, some strange voices started coming.

"What's that?" I shifted towards Queen Esma.

"This is your stomach growling. Well you are hungry and trust me I am hungry too." She said , her hands on her stomach.

"Oh, I am so sorry my Queen. How stupid I am. Come let us have some food. It is almost lunch time. "
Dr. Hagrid said.

"Well I can not be more happy to hear that, but.." I started.

Both of them turned towards me with worried eyes.

"Are you not feeling well? " Dr. Hagrid asked , holding my hand and examined something.

" I am fine, it is just that I would like to cook. " I smiled.

Well that would be the only way to stay away from Dr. Love's wonders.

Sorry, but I really need some food in. Better then eeuu food.

Now the only challenge is to find how to cook this food here. Well let's try.

It took me a while to find the ingredients and make a recipe out of it. Well in the end I did a good job though. We ate it and they actually liked it.

" Now I am ready to go out. " I told them.

I am ready to see this place.I am ready to face my reality. This place feels safe and this feels home.

***

Author's Note:

I tried something simple this time. I hope you liked this chapter. I am going to give this story more time than I can. Hope to finish it soon. Please bear with the typos.

Love

Ifrah