Galloway

THANK YOU FOR THE WAITING! I'm so sorry this took so long! Now please, enjoy!

__________________________________________________________
  "Earth. Birthplace of the human race, a species much like our own. Capable of great compassion... and great violence. For in our quest to protect the humans, a deeper revelation dawns; our worlds have met before. For the last two years, an advanced team of new Autobots has taken refuge here under my command. Together, we form an alliance with the humans, a secret but brave squad of soldiers. A classified strike team called NEST. We hunt for what remains of our Decepticon foes, hiding in different countries around the globe."  

Nest Base, Diego Gracia
2009

Matsuri watched as the newest recruits was giving a lesson by Ratchet and Jolt on the weak point of the decepticons, waiting for the other autobots to come back from their mission in Shanghai, China. Even though she was a member of NEST, she still had to stay at the base. She understood though, she was still seen as a civilian in the higher up's eyes- even an experiment still in others.

"Autobot twins, report to Hanger Three." A voice over the intercom stated, making Matsuri smile.

After the soldiers got dressed in their civilian uniforms, they held a little ceremony type thing for the soldiers who had fallen on the mission. It was mandatory for Matsuri to attend (though she did pay her respects at a distance) and went to the communications platform and walked up the stairs to the top to wait while the autobots when into their places.

She watched as Optimus began to back up. Coming up behind him was Will, Robert and someone she didn't know.

"Secure link to JCS is up, Major!" shouted a tech down to Will as Optimus got into position. "Secure line to the Pentagon is now open."

"General?" Will walked up onto the platform and stopped in front of the monitor.

"Will, I saw the Shanghai op. We had a rough day out there." General spoke.

"Yes, sir. We have intel that I believe warrants an immediate debrief. Now, with your permission, I can't let you see him, but I would like you to hear from the leader of the autobots."

"Proceed."

Will nodded to Optimus and the said mech transformed and stood to his full height. "General, our alliance has countermanded six decepticon incursions this year, each on a different continent. They're clearly searching around the world for something, but last night's encounter came with a warning."

"The Fallen shall rise again." a garbled voice came from Optimus' speakers. Matsuri frowned, feeling like she heard that before.

" "The Fallen." Meaning what?" asked the General.

"Origin unknown, the only recorded history of our race was contained within the allspark and lost with its destruction."

"Excuse me!" someone called from the ground. "With this so-called allspark now destroyed, why hasn't the enemy left the planet like you thought they would?"

Matsuri glanced over and saw the unknown man climbing onto the platform and Will introduced him with a slight eye roll. "Director Galloway, our National Security Advisor. The President just appointed him liaison."

"Well, I guess I didn't get that memo." Matsuri heard the general mumble under his breath.

"Forgive the interruption, General. Excuse me, coming through." Galloway walked to the camera. "After all the damage in Shanghai, the President is hard-pressed to say the job's getting done. Now, under the classified Alien/Autobot Cooperation Act, you agreed to share your intel with us, but not your advancements in weaponry."

"We've witnessed your human capacity for war. It would absolutely bring more harm than good." Optimus answered.

"But who are you to judge what's best for us?"

"With all due respect, we've been fighting side by side in the field for two years." Will told Galloway.

"We've shed blood, sweat and precious metal together." Stated Robert from Optimus' feet.

"Soldier, you're paid to shoot, not talk." Galloway stated matter of factly. Matsuri gripped the metal bar with her metal hand to make sure her temper was reigned in, so she wouldn't kill the idiot right then and there. 'Don't kill him, don't kill him.'

"And the newest members of your team." Galloway continued. "I understand they arrived here after you sent a message into space, an open invitation to come to Earth, vetted by no one at the White House."

"Let me stop you right there, Mr. Galloway. It was vetted right here." General stated. "And in my experience, the judgment of both Major Lennox and his team has always been above reproach."

"Well, be that as it may, General, it is the position of the President that when our national security is at stake, no one is above reproach. Now, what do we know so far? We know that the enemy leader, classified as NBE One, aka Megatron, is resting in peace at the bottom of the Laurentian Abyssal, surrounded by SOSUC detection nets and a full-time submarine surveillance. We also know that the only remaining piece of your alien allspark is locked in an electromagnetic vault here on one of the most secure naval bases in the world, and since no one can seem to tell me what the enemy is now after, well, there's only one clear conclusion! You! The autobots-"

There was a crunch, stopping Galloway's speech. Everyone looked over at Matsuri, the metal bar now crumbled in the middle has her hair hid her eyes.

"You...you fucking idiot!" Matsuri snarled, head whipping towards Galloway and the man stepped back once he saw red starting to bleed into her light blue irises. "You can't say that, even on a secured line! Damn it, you don't know if the decepticons can hear!"

"Matsuri, easy." Optimus rumbled gently, hoping to calm her down. He had seen the red in her eyes and that made uneasiness settle in his spark.

"If the world fucking ends, it will be on YOUR head!" Matsuri growled.

"This is Matsuri Witwicky." Will sighed.

"The science experiment?" snorted Galloway, which earned two threatening roar of engines from Ironhide and Ratchet. "I knew you kept it close- but THIS close?"

"She is an important part of NEST." snapped Will. "She has helped with teaching the recruits about the decepticons and cybertronian technology and biology when Ratchet isn't here."

Galloway shook his head before turning back to Optimus. "Let me ask, if we ultimately conclude that our national security is best served by denying you further asylum on our planet, will you leave peacefully?"

"Freedom is your right. If you make that request, we will honor it. But," Optimus leaned in slightly. "Before your President decides, please ask him this. What if we leave and you're wrong?"

"That's a good question." Whispered Will after Optimus straightened up.

Optimus held his hand up and ushered Matsuri to climb into it, relieved that her eyes turned to normal, and he walked to the other autobots before setting her down.

"I am going to terminate that human." Ironhide huffed. "Calling my youngling a science experiment... hmph."

"We cannot terminate him, Ironhide." Optimus scolded but deep inside, he guiltily wanted the same thing. If it was any of the other autobots that the human had insulted, Optimus would have let it slide, but since it was their youngest, he had an urge to just blast that human. All the autobots were protective of her, even the new autobots.

He can only hope that whatever is coming, it doesn't involve her.