Waking up

Egypt, Africa
2009

A blinding light flashed across Matsuri's eyes, making her try and block the light with an arm. She slowly cracked open her eyes and blinked at her surroundings which was a mountainous place. It felt...surreal, being in a place like this, especially with what looked like a ...cybertronian making its way to her.

"Matsuri Witwicky." The cybertronian stated in a familiar voice, old laced with wisdom. "I am one of the thirteen Primes. You come before me and my brothers like Sam had though, I will be the only one to converse with you."

"Erm...okay..." She regarded him slightly. "I don't think if it would help though since I'm kind of dead and all."

"You won't be dead for long. How do you think that Sam was able to come back to life?"

"Oh...right..."

"Now, what I am about to tell you is extremely important that will change your life from here onward. Are you ready?"

She nodded. "Yes."

"The energon and Cybertronian metal- also known as Transformium- had bonded you as you know, but there's something else. It's changing you."

"Changing me?" she frowned. "What do you mean changing me?"

"It's changing you into a Techno-organic. Half Cybertronian, half human."

"Shit...so, what does that all entail?"

"Your heart will soon be encased in a spark energy, but it will not change your heart. You will have a cybertronian form along with your human form, but both of those won't be fully developed for a while. It would have taken years for it to develop, so I have sped it up to a safe pace."

"Anything else I should know about?"

"You were always destined to be with the autobots from the day you were born, one way or another."

"That's...comforting I guess."

"Now go. Go back to your brother and the autobots, the confrontation against the Fallen should be over by now."

"Damn, I wanted to see him getting his ass kicked." She sighed, and the Prime's optics brightened and she had the vague impression that it was in amusement. She noticed that he was slowly raising his arms upwards. "Wait, can't you tell me your name?"

The mech paused for a moment at that. "...My name is Vector Prime."

A bright light engulfed her.

***

"Matsuri, can you hear me?" Sam's voice filled her ears.

"How can this be possible?" she heard Lennox questioned in disbelief. "She was impaled! There's no way a wound like that would be healed like that with just a scar to show where it was!"

"It was the Primes, I'm telling you. They can do this whole reviving thing!"

Matsuri groaned, effectively catching their attention. She slowly opened her eyes and stared up at the blue sky for a moment before she blinked. There was suddenly a small hum and then, Ratchet's face filled her vision, although something seemed off. It was...smaller?

"...Did I hit my head or are you smaller?" she asked, dumbfounded.

"Holoform, like the one Bee uses." He supplied. "This is something I have been working on for the rest of the autobots. We have two of them. One to pass as human and the other is simply our bipedal forms, human sized."

"Huh, neat." She forced herself to sit up, wincing at her burns and her now sore scar. Sam instinctively wrapped an arm around her shoulders, steadying her. "So, we did it?"

"Yeah." Sam nodded. "Optimus destroyed the Fallen but Megatron and Starscream got away."

"Lovely." she sighed. "So... does everyone know of my coming back to life."

"Yeah, they all witnessed your wound closing up, but they had to do a patrol around to make sure none of the other cons stayed here for the perfect chance to strike."

Matsuri nodded slightly and she was helped up by Ratchet and Sam. The man took a step back when a miniature Ironhide appeared next to him and simply watched as the mech took his place and helped her away, towards the awaiting vehicle mode of the black mech.

"She's fine?" Mikaela asked as she walked up behind Sam, wrapping an arm around his arm.

"Yeah." he nods. "I think she is."