.: Kick 06 :.

A/N: Sorry if today's chapter is a tad bit cringy. If some of you guys haven't noticed, I'll be updating every week during Wednesdays. I'm still at my vacation from Hell (school), so Wednesdays will be my deadline for every chapter. Do keep track! Saa, on with today's cringeworthy chapter! Feedback is much appreciated! (^ ^)

– Ai-chan

A few days has passed since the beginning of their training to perfect the Inazuma Otoshi, and results have been beginning to show quite recently. Everyone of the soccer club had gathered on their spot on the Steel Tower Plaza, this time aiming for both players to jump a certain height. Shouri had volunteered on being the one to keep track on the two, holding two flags with an 'X' and an 'O' on each one, sitting on the stairs of the tower. A long red ribbon was tied on each side of the Steel Tower, indicating the height both players much reach to perfect the Inazuma Otoshi. Felisa stood besides Aki, watching the two players jump and land repeatedly.

Watching Kabeyama reach the same height as the ribbon two consecutive times, only to fall on his back was starting to get suspicious. As much as it seemed ordinary, Felisa couldn't help but think something is bothering the first year. She frowned when Kabeyama reached the height and fall on his back for the third time.

'Something's definitely wrong here. But what?' Felisa mused in her head, but shook it off for the time being. This was not the time for that. She needed to watch their progress, and assess them. Taking a peek at the clipboard in Aki's hands, Felisa saw that the columns were full, Gouenji's consisting of just 'O's for jumping and landing, whilst Kabeyama's was full of mostly 'X's with only three 'O's for the jumping column. Felisa sighed inaudibly at the sight of the countless 'X's on Kabeyama's results. 'This is quite bothering.'

Mustering enough authority despite her slightly troubled mind, Felisa called out to the two. "That'll be enough for the first phase of special training, Gouenji-san, Kabeyama-san. Thank you for your help, Shouri-san." The two nodded, and bounded over to them, Shouri jumping down from where he's perched, trudging over to them as well.

Endou stepped forward, peering over to the results for the Ace Stricker and Defender's training. "Kabeyama has a problem with his landing, but his jump height is more than enough. All that's left is to coordinate between you two."

"Let's do the Inazuma Otoshi." Gouenji stated, looking towards his partner besides him.

"H-Hai su." Was Kabeyama's less than enthusiastic reply, Felisa's thin lips tightening to a frown.

Felisa looked the two over, seeing dust and dirt on the oversized first year's shirt and pants, and a bandaid on top of his head. Gouenji showed no signs of anything resembling his partner's situation, not even the slightest sign of exhaustion flashed in his eyes, making the red haired girl's eyes squint at the first year. Okay, something's definitely wrong with Kabeyama that he isn't telling them. As curious as she was, Felisa shrugged off the feeling momentarily, knowing the first year would tell them sooner or later. But something told her it would be the former than the latter.

§•§•§

Everyone had gathered before the Steel Tower Plaza, watching with anticipation as the duo were about to perform the Inazuma Otoshi. The ball was kicked up in the sky, arcing as it cut through the air like a knife on butter. Gouenji and Kabeyama stood opposite to one another, awaiting for the ball's speed to lessen, before both running towards one another. Raimon's Ace Striker jumped, reaching for his highest height, followed by their oversized Defender.

As Gouenji was reaching his jump's limit, Kabeyama looked down, his world nearly stopping as his vision blurred. He was too high. He was scared as hell. With fear stricken eyes that shut immediately, his hands balled into tight fists that shook as he fingers went clammy with sweat, and quickly rose them to protect his face in an attempt to remove the sight he had feared for so long; tall heights. Due to his partner becoming unstable for him to step on, Gouenji stepped on his green afro by mistake, his foot slipping as Kabeyama's head ducked instinctively because of his fear, and gravity took its toll on them both. They descended, Gouenji doing an overhead kick to avoid crashing his back on the ground, while Kabeyama fell right on his rear end, curling up in a shaky ball once he felt solid ground.