Chapter 21

At the end of the day on Wednesday, I was standing by my locker waiting on Liam. He had told me this morning that he had something to ask me and I was curious as to what it was.

Finally, I see him walking towards me. When he reaches where I stood, he smiles at me. Before I could get a word out, he wraps his hands around my waist and kissed me.

Even though, he took me by surprise, I melted into the kiss. The kiss did not last long, as he pulls away a few seconds later. He takes my hand in his and smiles down at me. I look at him quizzically.

"So, I know tha-" he began, but was cut off by the ringing of his phone.

He gives me an apologetic smile, before he fished his phone out of his pocket. "Hello." he said into the receiver. He talked to the person for a few seconds, before he hangs up.

"That was my mom." He said, putting the phone back into his pocket. "She has left some documents at home. She can't leave the office, so she asked me if I can go get them and bring them to her." He explains.

"Okay, let's go." I said. As soon as we begin to walk, I hear someone calling my name. I turn around to see Simone walking towards us.

"I need to talk to you." She said, when she reaches us.

"Okay. Just give me a minute." I reply. She nods and walks away to wait on me.

I look around at Liam. "You can go. I'm going to talk to Simone." I said, but he shakes his head.

"No. I'm going to wait on you." He replies firmly.

"It's okay. Your mother is waiting on you. I don't want to keep her waiting." I said.

"Are you sure?" He asks hesitantly.

I nod. "Yes, I'm sure."

He looks at me for a few moments, before he places his hands on my cheek softly. He then leans down to give me a kiss on my forehead. "Okay then. When I'm finished, I'm coming over to your house, okay?" He asks.

"Okay." I said. I give him a little shove, before walking over to where Simone stood. Liam finally walks away in the opposite direction.

"I'm sorry I disturbed you." Simone apologizes as I reach her.

"It's okay." I said, giving her a reassuring smile. "What's up?"

"Would you please help us decorate for prom this year?" she asks. "You did such a great job before."

"Isn't prom two months away?" I ask confused.

"Yes, but the seniors want to start early, so they can begin to study for their exams." She explains.

"Yeah, that's a next thing. I'm only a junior. Isn't it normally seniors who can be on the prom's decorating committee?" I ask.

"Yes, but as the senior class president, I could pull some strings to allow you to help out the committee." She said. "Come on, please. We really need your help."

"What is the theme?" I ask. I would love to help them out. I think it would be fun.

She smiles. "It's going to be like a yule ball. We are going to make the magic of Harry Potter come alive. We are going to have ice sculptures, fake snow and twinkling lights hung on the walls and ceiling, creating a night sky effect just like in the Great Hall."

"Sounds interesting." I said, nodding my head in approval. I would really like to challenge my skills with a task like that.

"We are also going to have some Christmas trees, which will be covered with twinkling lights and fake snow to resemble the Forbidden Forest. We will make some miniature creatures of Hogwarts and place them all over the room. The writing on the banner will be 'Welcome to Hogwarts'." She adds excitedly.

"I like that idea, Simone. You guys really put a lot of thought into it." I commend.

"Yes we did. It's our senior year, so we wanted our prom to be extravagant." She said, then adds "So would you help us?"

"Okay," I nodded. "I would love to help."

A wide smile covers her face. "Thank you so much, Julia."

"No problem. When do we start?" I ask.

"Tomorrow after school." She said.

"Okay." I said, nodding my head.

"Alright, see you then. Bye." She said as she waves to me.

"Bye." I wave to her also and then I turn around and left the school.

I walk to my house and was there within twenty minutes. I went upstairs to put down my bag and went back to the kitchen to get something to eat, while I waited on Liam.

As soon as I opened the fridge, I remembered that Mom had told me to stop at the supermarket. We were out of some items and she had told me that she was going to be home late today. I had been so caught up that I forgot.

Closing the fridge, I went to the living room and took up my keys. Might as well I go back and get them now. I left my house and begn my walk to the supermarket. I really didn't feel like taking a bus. I wanted to savour the cool and refreshing air that March had to offer, before summer take over.

I was halfway to the supermarket, when it begins to rain. Great! And I don't have my umbrella, I thought to myself. I walk quickly and stop at a bus stop to wait on a bus and shelter from the rain. Fifteen minutes later, I still did not see a bus. Thankfully, it had stopped raining, so I started to walk again.

Five minutes into my journey, I hear a screeching sound behind me. I turn around quickly to see a black SUV skidding out of control on the wet road. The driver tried to brake, but only skidded, because he was driving at about 25 miles per hour.

It happened so fast that I didn't have time to process what was happening. I was struck shock as the car turns left into my direction. I scream as it knocks my leg and hip hard. I then hit my head full force on the windshield, before my body was thrown forward. I landed with a thud on the wet pavement.

My vision begins to blur and I couldn't move. The last thing I saw was the driver leaping out of his car, shouting something that I could not register. I don't remember what happened next, because within a few seconds, I was out cold.

****************************
A/N: Hola!

So, two updates in a day. This is my gift to you for taking so long to update.

I hope you liked it.

Please remember to vote and comment!

Next chapter will be up soon!

Stay unique!

~Alecia