Chapter 23

Liam's POV

It was now around 7pm and I was still at the hospital. I didn't plan on leaving, not until Julie wakes up.

Julia's mom was asleep on the chair that she was on. Her father had went home to get some blankets to bring here. Beth was asleep as well. Her head was placed in Brian's lap, who was stroking her hair gently. He looks tired as well.

"Liam!" I hear my mother's voice. I look down the corridor and saw her walking towards me. I had called her earlier and informed her about what had happened. She said she would be here as soon as she left work.

I stand up to meet her. She wraps her arms around me in a hug, when she reaches me. "I'm so sorry, honey." She said quietly. She pulls away and looks at me with a sad expression. "How is she? Have you heard anymore news?"

I sigh and shoves my hands in my pants pockets. "No. No development." I answer, my voice cracking a bit.

"Oh honey." Her eyes then trails over to where Julia's mother lay, still asleep. "I can imagine what her mother is going through." She said and I knew she was thinking about Mason.

I sit back down on the chair and Mom joins me. She waited with me for a while, but then she left. She asked me if she should bring my dinner, but I declined. I wasn't hungry.

I rest my head on the back of the chair and close my eyes, trying to clear my mind. As a result of the days happenings, I was tired. Within minutes of closing my eyes, exhaustion took over and I fell asleep.

----------

When I wake up, I look at the time to see that it was six in the morning. I look across towards Beth and saw that she was still sleeping with her head in Brian's lap. Brian was also sleeping. His head rest behind him on the chair. Mr and Mrs. Cameron were awake and they both just sat there, staring in front of them.

I sit there for a few minutes, before I saw Beth stirring awake. Because of her movements, Brian wakes up as well. She looks around her surroundings, before she gets up. She walks over to me, Brian following behind.

"I'm going home to get ready for school." She said to me. "Text me if....when she wakes up."

"Are you sure you can go to school?" I ask, looking at her face which had lost all its colour.

She nods. "I have to distract myself." She said, then looks around her. "I can't stay here." She adds quietly.

I nod my head in understanding and told her that I would call her when Julia wakes up. She took up her things from the chair and left with Brian.

A half hour later, I see my mom coming down the corridor. Only Julia's mom and I sat in the waiting area as Mr. Cameron had said that he was going to get some coffee at the hospital's cafeteria. "Liam dear, you have to go and get ready for school." Mom said, when she reaches me.

"I'm not going to school." I said. "I'm staying here until she wakes up."

"Sweetie, you can't help her by being here. You have to go to school." Mom convinces, but I had already made up my mind.

"Liam, your mother is right." Mrs. Cameron cuts in. "You shouldn't miss school. Go, I'll let you know when she wakes up."

I look around at Julia's mother. "I'm not leaving her." I said to her. I then turn towards my mom. "I'm sorry Mom, but I'm not going anywhere. I'm not going to leave her." I repeat.

Mom looks at me and and see that I was serious. She sighs then nods her head. "Alright. Call me if you need anything." I nod at her and then she left. I got up from my seat and sit beside Julia's mother to keep her company, until her husband got back.

She looks around at me and smiles. "You are such a nice boy. Julia is really lucky to have you." She comments.

"I'm actually the lucky one." I said quietly. I didn't know that I would ever find someone like Julia.

Mrs. Cameron takes my hand and squeezes it. I look around at her and she gives me a soft smile. "I can see that you really like my daughter." She said. "Thank you for being here. She would be happy to know that you are here for her."

I nod my head at her and then we sit in silence. A few minutes later, Mr. Cameron still hadn't come back. I turn towards Mrs. Cameron again. "I'm going to walk for a bit. I'll be right back." I said to her. She nods her head at me and I stand up.

My legs were numb from sitting down so long, so I wanted to stretch them a bit. I walk towards the elevator and took it down to the ground floor. I then walk in the direction of the cafeteria, deciding to get myself a cup of coffee.

As soon as I enter the hospital's cafeteria, I saw Mr. Cameron sitting on a chair with his head in his hands. I walk over to him. When I reach where he sat, I place my hand on his shoulder. He look around at me and I see that he had been crying. He gives me a small smile, but didn't say anything. I sit in the chair beside him, both of us quiet in our own thoughts.

"You know, sixteen years ago was the happiest moment of my life." I hear Mr. Cameron said after a while. I look up at him, but didn't say anything. "It was the best moment of my life, because that was when my angel was born."

"I remember the first time I've held her, like it was just yesterday. She was so attached to me." He continues with a smile. "I also remember the day when she first smiled at me. She just grabbed one of my finger with her little chubby ones and just looked up at me and smiled. Like she knew who I was."

Mr. Cameron finally looks up at me. "That day, I made a promise to myself. I promise that I would never let anyone or anything hurt my little girl. I promise that I would do everything to keep that smile on her face. To never make her unhappy."

"You have protected her all your life, but there was no way you could have prevented this" I said quietly.

Mr. Cameron continues as if he didn't hear me. "I'm trying to be strong for everyone, but it's hard. How can I be strong, when my little girl is upstairs right now fighting for her life?" He asks, as tears escapes his eyes again. "She doesn't deserve this. She's too young. There is so much that life has to offer her. I don't think I can handle losing her. I'm not prepared for this." He adds, then becomes quiet again.

"You have raised a kind, caring and wonderful girl. Just remember that." I said.

Mr. Cameron looks at me and smiles. He pats me on the shoulder and spoke. "You're a kind and wonderful young man as well, son. I'm glad she has met someone like you."

"Thank you, Mr. Cameron. That really means a lot." I said.

Mr. Cameron waves his hands. "Cut out the 'Mr. Cameron' crap. You can call me Julian." He said and I nod. Julian then wipes the tears from his eyes. He sighs and runs his hands through his hair. "Come on, let's get those cups of coffee to bring back upstairs." He pats my shoulder again and gets up. I get up as well and follow behind him to the coffee machine.

****************************
A/N: Hey friends!

I don't have nothing much to say. Just, vote and comment. I would like to hear your feedback.

Stay happy!

~Alecia