Chapter 47 - The Backstory

Tanner's POV

7 years ago...

I'm walking back and forth waiting for somebody to call. I hope he did it right or else I'll be the one to kill him.

*Ring Ring* I answered immediately as my phone rings.

"Did you do it right?!" I shouted at him.

"Yes Boss." he answered.

"Ok. I'll send the money to you right away. Are you sure that no one sees you?"

"Yes Boss."

"I changed my mind. I think you should get here. I'll just give you the money personally."

I waited for him here in our house. I need to make sure that he really did his job right. I came out when he texted me that he is already here. We talked for a minute then I gave the money to him.

4 days ago...

Si Tanner ang pinakamabait na nakilala ko. Mga bagay na lagi kong naririnig sa mga taong nakakasalamuha ko. But they don't know anything, I'm a person who only cares for myself. I'm a person who keeps an act of being a good man. I'm the worst person that they will ever know.

But everything changes when I met her, when I met Maymay. She changes everything in me. I care more for others than to myself. I tried being a good man and not act as a good man because of her. I remember the time when I met her on a beach and ask her about the sunrise. I really loved sunrise because it means a new day and it gives me a new meaning after I met her. Its a new life.

But everything I did to her 7 years ago, I haven't feel any acknowledgment at all because of Edward. I don't know why it gives me an idea to get rid of him. Maybe, I'm just too in love and I want her to be with me. I planned everything. I don't want to kill him. I just want to scare him. I just need to make a way for them to break up but it ends in a different way.

Edward had a selective amnesia and he forgot everything about Maymay. That is the time I feel that Maymay acknowledge me because I'm always there for her when she is hurt. When Edward is leaving, I took Maymay to the airport because I know that they will break up that time. Call me selfish but I'm really selfish.

I tried so hard to be with her and be the right man for her. I court her for 2 years and now where on our 5th year of being together. But Edward came back. He already remembers Maymay which I think is not a good thing.

For that 7 long years with her, I really think that she never loves me at all as much as she loves Edward. And maybe, its about time for me to give up. I want her to know what I did 7 years ago but I don't know how I will face her after that. I know I'm being unfair but I don't want her to remember me as a person who tried to kill the one she loves. I want to apologize for being selfish but I think I don't have the right for any forgiveness. I want to apologize to Edward but I really think that he will never forgive me because of the fact that I tried to kill him. I just want to be loved back but I think it will never be.

I can feel the cold air touching my skin. I know that this is not right but I think this is the only thing I know that will make everything right. I really love Maymay and I want her to be happy. I want her to be happy with someone she loves and loves her back.

So I think this is goodbye. I just lay on the air and everything just went fast. I fell on top of a car. I can hear screams everywhere and then everything went black.

Present time...

Maybe this is the punishment for everything that I did. I can think, I can move all the things in my head but I can't move anything in my body. I'm really thinking why God still gives me life after I tried to kill myself. How can I live if I can only use my head? I think its better to die than to live like this. I'm useless.

*Blag!* I heard that the door opens and slam it.

"Why did you do it?!" Edward said but I kept my mouth shut. "Why did you have to do it?!"

"Alam kong nakakapagsalita kaya pwede ba Tanner, sagutin mo yung tanong ko." sabi niya pero hindi ako nagsalita.

"Putcha naman Tanner! Gusto kitang suntukin. Gusto kitang patayin pero hindi ko magawa. Alam mo kung bakit? Kasi hindi ko alam ang dahilan kung bakit mo yun ginawa sa akin."

"Edward, tama na yan. Let's go." nakita kong hinihila siya ni Maymay.

Maymay's POV

"Ano nanamang pinaggagawa mo?" tanong ko kay Edward.

"Anong gusto mong gawin ko? Matapos kong malaman that he tried to kill me, magpaparty ako dito?"

*Pak!*

"Hindi natin alam yung pinagdadaanan ni Tanner."

"So you're on him. After what he did to me? Don't you forget that is the reason why we broke up?"

"Hindi ko siya kinakampihan."

"Then, what are you doing? Pitong taon yung nawala sa ating dalawa May. Pitong taon yung sinira ng Tanner na yun."

"Akala mo ikaw lang yung galit? Galit din ako. Galit na galit ako at mas galit ako sa sarili ko na minahal ko yung taong nanakit sa'yo. Pero hindi pa ba sapat yung nangyari sa kanya? Can you not just forgive him?"

"Forgive? He didn't even want to say the reasom why he tried to kill me. How can I forgive him?"

Hindi na nagsalita si Edward at niyakap na lang ako. Iyak lang ako ng iyak dahil sa mga nalaman ko. I never thought that Tanner will do something like that.

TO BE CONTINUED...

A/N:

Nagdugo po ang ilong ko habang nagsusulat. Joke lang po. Sana po na enjoy niyo yung pagbabasa.

Read. Vote. Comment.

DMxxRV