xiv. getting votes & reads

in this chapter, i'll tell you how to and how not to get lots of votes and reads on your story.

do follow people! honestly, you will get no followers (maybe only one or two) if you don't follow people. it is important you follow people that share an interest with you. for example, if you are a walking dead fan page, follow other people who like twd. you will most likely get a follow back from people who like the same things as you.

don't follow then unfollow people after they follow you back. that's really rude and dishonest. you're basically cheating, and earning your followers dishonestly.

do remember that all your reads and votes will not come overnight, and the number of reads doesn't show how good your story is. all great stories start out with little to none reads or votes. it will take a while to get reads on your story. just keep a steady updating schedule and don't give up on your story.

don't promote yourself on people message board and/or private messages. it is honestly annoying when you see a notification and it's just something along the lines of: "hey mind checking out my story!? thanks so much!" if you want someone to read/vote on your story, follow them and maybe check out their story. try voting and read the other person story, and hope they do the same.

do give feedback and be friendly. i know from personal experience when people leave a nice comment on my stories, i usually follow them back and once in a while check out their stories too. it's also great to reach out to people and start conversations, and maybe even make friends.

hopefully, this helped you out!! comment anything you want us to help you with!!