The Aftermath

This is all partially my fault.

     "JAMES!"
     James' head sprung up from the bed. "Where!? What? Where am I!!? What happened?!! April! Jaiden?!!"
     "James, calm down, take deep breaths. One thought at a time." Faith handed James a cup of water from the table.
     "James. I am Dr. Weston Quill. Do you remember what happened?" Dr. Quill asked.
     "I-I found Jaiden, gunshot, voices, um, I-I," James was struggling to remember.
     Dr. Quill reached out his arm. "Hey, it's okay. You found Jaiden and shortly after, you got shot."
     "I want to know who is the b*tch that shot my brother!" Faith grumbled.
     "It was that blonde girl." Jaiden said. "April."
     The room grew silent. "April? You must be joking, April is my friend why would she shoot me?!" James became more and more confused.
     "Yeah, she wouldn't," Jaiden agreed. "...because you weren't her target. She was aiming for me."
     James, couldn't believe it. Everything was unfolding in front of him, but he didn't want that. He wanted to fold it back up and throw it out the window. "How long have I been in here?"
     "At least two days." Dr. Quill responded. "You are lucky that bullet did not go to deep."
    "Oh jeez." Faith looked down at her watch. "I have to go. But, um I'll be back to pick you up James!"
     "It's okay Faith, I'll drive him home." Jaiden said and in a split second Faith was gone.
     The room was quiet, awkwardly quiet.
     "Why?" James asked
     "What do you mean?"
     "Why did you run away?"
     Jaiden was quiet for a moment. "I-I couldn't handle it."
   "Couldn't handle what?" James asked.
     "Just. L-living at home. You probably saw my YT video about it. And just being at home and seeing you got you in the hospital, somebody arrested, and a whole bunch of other crap."
      "But that wouldn't have happened if you didn't leave in the first place!" James said.
     "Well now it's too late."
     "Well...." James said "Its not too late."
     Jaiden smiled. "Let's go home."