Step Eighteen: First Real Date

Buttercup stood infront of the mirror, twisting and groaning. She rarely gets nervous, and with Butch in a wheelchair, she shouldn't care about what she's gonna wear. But it was still eating at her, she wanted to look perfect for him.

Which she wanted to ripe out her hair for thinking that.

Sighing as she slipped off the green shirt, and slipped on a black band t-shirt. Tapping on her chin, she slipped on a pair of green skinny jeans. Sighing as she put her hair in a ponytail then grabbing her phone.

When Butch told her to get ready, because he wanted to take her out. She screamed in her pillow, and took a quick shower. Then started to freak out, because she had a zit coming in under her nose. Which made her stare at in the mirror, until it gotten to large for her to look.

Buttercup sighed as she rubbed her arms then heard a knock at the door. She widened her eyes then put on a extra layer of Degree, and pop in a icebreaker. Buttercup ran her hands through her hair and walked towards the door, opening it she saw Butch standing on a pair of crutches.

He smirked as he leaned against the doorframe. Buttercup raised ehr eyebrow as Butch blew his hair from his face.

"Well someone wanted to impress me, huh?" Butch asked as she rolled her eyes.

"Are you kidding me? I wear this almost everyday." She replied as she crossed her arms.

"Not skinny jeans, I think you're being rather open tonight." He said with a wink as she slapped his chest.

"Shut up, or I'll break your other leg." Buttercup said as he smiled and rolled his eyes.

"Let's go, yeah?" 

Buttercup nodded as they walked out and Butch lead her towards the campus diner. He talked about how he binged watch a show called Voltron Legendary Defender while he was in the hostipal, and claimed that Hunk was his favorite. Giving his reasons and even talked about the other characters so Buttercup could chose hers.

Shocking to Butch, she picked Shiro.

"You like Space Dad?" Butch asked.

"Why not? He sounds awesome, besides his hair looks straight up fire." Buttercup said as Butch gave her a side glance.

"Please don't ever say that again." Butch replied as she raised her eyebrow.

"Why not? It's a common thing to say." She said as he shook his head.

"That's like saying 'Hey look at me, I'm a loser'. Do you really want that?" 

"Yes. Because that saying was perfect, you're just jealous that you didn't think of it!"

"I'm not jealous! I'm relieved that I didn't say that."

"Oh sure you are." 

Butch smiled as he wiggled his eyebrows towards her.  Buttercup snorted as she opened the door for him, as he walked inside. He nodded his head towards the owner, sicne they were best friends, then making his way to his normal table.

They talked some more until the owner walked towards them. Holding a black notepad and a huge smile. His long dark hair was pulled back in a bun. He wear a blue button up shirt with black jeans. His dark blue eyes, with bags underneath his eyes. He smiled as he tugged at his beard and tapped on Butch's shoulder with the notepad.

"Haven't seen you in ages! Where was you at boy?" He asked as Butch laughed.

"Dennis, I thought you were smart. What do you think these are for?" Butch asked as he wiggled one of the crutches.