Chapter 24

Thank you for 25k !!! So glad so many people are reading my story big thank you to you all.

Here's where things get a bit dodgy, things like locations may not be 100% accurate in the next chapters but I'm going to do my best to make things as realistic as possible you may just have to bear with me for a bit

Also pregnancy timing probably won't match up because I didn't really plan it in advance whoops

This chapter is dedicated to my wife PotterHeadHeadPotter 💍

---

The bumping rhythm of the train was lulling me to sleep. Every now and then my eyes would snap open as I remembered where I was and the panic in my chest would build again. Currently my only priority was finding a doctors or even a vets to check my baby.

I stayed on the train for an hour or so until I felt it start to slow down. As soon as it was slow enough I jumped off, rolling my body like John had taught me to lessen the impact.

I made my way through a forest until I reached some back yards of some houses indicating I was back in civilisation. Before I emerged from the forest I looked down and realised I still looked like a criminal, I quickly climbed over a fence into someones backyard and grabbed an assortment of clothes. I pulled on the underwear slightly uncomfortable that I had no idea's who it was, a short denim skirt and a white lacy top. I kept the prison plimsols on despite the fact they were caked in mud. I tightened my ponytail, put on the sunglasses I'd nabbed from a table in the garden and stepped out of the forest onto the sidewalk.

I walked up what looked like the town's highstreet, it was tiny. There was a hairdressers, a grocery store and a small bank. Shit. But as I turned the corner I saw what looked like a free clinic. I watched as a man pulled into the car park and unlocked the door before stepping inside. It was about 6am so hopefully it wouldn't open for a while.

I quickly crossed the street making sure no one was watching me but luckily the only person around was a homeless man staggering at the other end of the street. I carefully pushed the door open listening for a bell, there wasn't one so I crept in and shut the door behind me turning the lock.

"Hey I need some help." I shouted into the clinic.

"We're shut at the moment ma'am come back at 7." A voice shouted back.

I made my way into the room the voice came from and found a small, scrawny guy unboxing rubber gloves.

He had his back to me so I grabbed a pair of scissors from the counter and tucked them in my back pocket.

"Hey." I said louder.

He jumped and turned around. "You can't be in here." He said "We're not open yet."

I took a step towards him. "Listen, I'm pregnant and I took a fall and now I'm bleeding and have stomach pain. This is the nearest medical centre I could get to, now please help me."

He sighed. "Okay fine, lie on here I'll be right back." I smirked to myself as he left the room mumbling, I didn't even have to use violence, I placed the scissors back in the counter and lay down on the medical bed.

The guy returned pushing an ultrasound machine. "How far along are you?" He asked.

"About 12 weeks."

"Okay lift up your shirt for me. This might be cold"

Just like the movies I thought to myself.

He squirted a clear gel substance on my stomach and started to move the ultrasound wand over it.

I suddenly realised how terrified I was of losing the baby. I gripped either side of the bed tightly and tried to imagine Michael was here with me.

A gently thumping noise filled the room. I looked up. On the screen was a small blob moving about. The man smiled at me. "Baby looks good, heartbeat strong, seems to be developing fine." He paused "The bleeding isn't anything to be too concerned about,many women experience bleeding during early pregnancy. If you're still worried you can always go into hospital and get a full exam."

My face ached from smiling as I stared at the little blob on the screen. I could make out it's head and sort of see the outline of its limbs. "Do you want a picture?" The guy asked.

I nodded. He handed me some paper towels to clean the gunk off my stomach. I sat up and smiled at the 2 pictures he just handed me.

"Thank you." I said genuinely. He grunted at me and went back to the box of gloves. As I left the room I realised I had another problem. No transport. Just then I noticed a bag tucked underneath the front desk. I checked the guy wasn't looking before rummaging through it. I took his car keys, an apple and $70 from his wallet. I felt bad but I needed to look out for myself.

I unlocked the car and hopped in the front quickly starting it up.

Before the guy could notice what was happening I pulled out the car park and onto the road whizzing past the homeless guy who looked like he might even be covered in blood.

I put my foot down and sped along the road. After going fast for a couple of miles I pulled over and investigated what was in the car. I found more food, some spare clothes, a first aid kit and a GPS. I set up the GPS and typed in the address Charles had said before he died. I chose the route that kept away from busy areas the most, I wasn't going to be able to keep this car for long and I didn't want to get spotted.

I rubbed my aching eyes and put on my seatbelt before getting back onto the road. It was going to be a long drive.

---

Sorry it's not a particularly action packed chapter but I hope you enjoyed.

Please vote and comment ❤️

Thank you for reading!