Hola Ace

"Oh my fucking God!"

My eyes widen at the sight of the gorgeous dress Lauren is holding out for me.

"I love you Lauren Heather!"

I squeal and hug her tightly.

"Oh I know Boo, now go get ready we only have an hour!"

I run back into her bathroom and do my makeup. A simple smokey eye to accent my chocolate eyes and long thick lashes and a deep crimson lip to emphasise my plump Latina lips.

"Andie! Door!"

Lauren hollers up the stairs making me jump, luckily I had finished my make up.

"Por dios!"

I holler back. I wrap Lauren's short kimono-style robe around my body, hair still in a bun from my earlier shower. I reach the top of the staircase and stop. Someone at Lauren's for me? Weird. I shrug it off and saunter down the stairs grabbing the door handle and confidently swinging the door open. My breathing hitches and a smile grows on my face.

"Ace!"

I screamed, jumping on him and wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. Knocking him back slightly, I bury my face in the crook of his neck and the robe rides up to my upper thigh. His hot breath tickles my ear as he chuckles and returns the hug.

I finally untangled my legs and release him, standing back to look at him, holding his shoulders. He hasn't changed in the 2 years he's been gone. Still the same 6' 3"- against my tiny 5' 4" - with jet black slicked back hair and piercing blue eyes. His facial hair was still groomed to perfection, giving him that rugged, manly look and his crisp suit fitted him tightly over all of his toned body. There was no doubt he is a gorgeous man.

"Still got that fiesty attitude I see. Happy 18th birthday mi amor, you still look beautiful."

He holds out a bunch of white lilies, my favourite, and a neatly wrapped box. He smiles at me sweetly. Never breaking eye contact.

"Gracias Ace, but you shouldn't of."

I smile, taking them off of him and placing them on the stand next to the door. For a few seconds we stood there in a strange but comfortable silence. I think we were just happy to see each other again.

"It's so good to see you Ace. I've missed my best friend. How have you been the last 2 years?"

"Good mi amor, but today is your day so let's not talk about me, sí?"

"But does Papí know you're back?"

Ace - or Alejandro Remirez - is my Papí's best friend. He been gone 2 years for dancing competitions around the world. He is a world known ballroom dancer, his specialty being Salsa. He's the reason I am an aspiring dancer. I've known him since I was born and he's probably my favourite person in the world besides my Papí and Lauren. Although he is the cliché manwhore, he protects me and would never let anything happen to me. He is my best friend.

"Of course, I had to let him know I was coming to your party didn't I?"

He smirked and I smile widely.

"And of course I get a dance with the birthday girl."

"Tsk. If you're lucky Ace. They'll be lining up for a bit of this action so I can't promise anything."

I say sarcastically and he chuckles deeply sending a shiver through me. I've really missed him.

"They'll have to get through me first hermosa."