Lets Dance

We walk around the elegantly lit ballroom, Jason's hand staying firmly on the small of my back.

I look around the room full of people dressed in floor length dresses and tuxedos. I chew my gum nervously.

"There's my Dad, let's go say hi."

Jason smiles at me and pulls me over to a tall, bearded, attractive man in a suit and bow tie.

"Ah finally made it then J!"

The man slaps Jason on the shoulder and pulls him into a manly hug.

"Yeah Dad. This is Andie Rodriguez, Roberto's daughter. This is my Dad Alfie Lavier."

"Ah yes! Good to finally meet you in person and up close, you're even more stunning."

He takes my hand and kisses my knuckles, causing my to blush and smile.

"Thank you Sir. It's nice to meet you too. I hope you enjoyed my party?"

"Of course dear! Many gorgeous women, speaking of which, I'm going to the bar to buy that beauty a drink."

He gestures toward the bar at a brunette woman in a tight black dress making eyes at him. Jason rolls his eyes and sighs, making me giggle.

"I'm gonna go get us a drink too."

"Sure thing."

He kisses my cheek softly and blends into the sea of people. I stood there alone and feeling out of place, furiously chewing my gum. I was subconsciously keeping an eye out for Ace.

"Andie! You get your ass over here right now!"

Pulling me out of my thoughts, Lauren screamed at me, pulling me to the dance floor. We laughed together as we danced to the booming music, joining the rest of the gyrating bodies around us.

Suddenly the DJ cuts the music.

"Okay I've been told we have some dancers here tonight, so this ones for you guys."

'Smooth' but Santana and Rob Thomas blares out and I squeal as most of the people leave the dance floor, leaving a few couples. I look around for Ren but she's mysteriously disappeared. I sigh and leave the dancfloor, depressed about not dancing to my favourite song, until I am literally pulled back on the floor.

I'm spun around into a warm, muscular body. I look up at the tall, mysterious figure.

"Let show them how it's done, mi amor."

Ace.

I smile automatically. No. You're made at him still Andie. I push away from his grip but he spins me round and holds the small of my back whilst holding my other hand in his.

He moves his feet to the quick, sexy beat and I begin to move back and forth with him. I can't ever resist dancing with him.

Just like my birthday, we spin around the dance floor expertly, moving to the hot beat of the music, feeling it vibrate through our connected bodies. Every move we made felt like it was charged with sexual energy as we stared into each other's eyes intensely.

He grabs my hips and lifts me off the ground, twirling me around him. Both panting, I turn my back to him, his hot breath on my neck as we move to the beat, grinding on him and his hand still resting on my hips, I feel hot under his touch.

He spins me out again and back into his body so our faces are once again inches apart. The music stops and applauds pour out of the hall as the DJ puts another song one and people refill the floor.

I look at Ace and smile weakly. He leans in and kisses my cheek, whispering in my ear.

"Always a pleasure mi amor. You look ravishing."

He pulls away and slips into the crowd of people.

I exhale the breath I was holding in and bite my lip, rubbing my forehead. When did it get so cryptic? What a headfuck.

"Sorry babe."

I hear Jason's apologetic voice behind me. I turn looking at his disappointed face.

"For what?"

I confusedly question.

"One, I haven't got you that drink, 2, my Dad's in a state and I need to take him home."

"Oh, it's okay, I understand, I'll see you tomorrow though right?"

I look over J's shoulder and see Alfie as he stumbled towards us.

"Yeah, of course, sorry again. I was really looking forward tonight."

He sighs again and kisses my softly.

"Yeah me too, there'll be another time though."

I smile and he kisses me again and leaves, supporting his Dad's weight.

I spend the rest of the night with Ren, dancing and being generally outrageous.

I say goodbye to Ren and Papí and wait for a taxi in the pouring rain. A taxi that will take time back to an empty house where I can think about Alejandro Remirez as much as I shouldn't want to.

--------------------------------------------

798 words.

I think this is a cute chapter .
I wouldn't forgive him still though.
Leave comments.
Lots of love xoxo