Chap17: Rogues on the Loose

Mark's POV

"Mark are you okay? You look tired, more tired than me," Jinyoung worriedly spoke. We were in the living room watching Luke animatedly play with his toys. I was sitting on the rocking chair with my eyes closed and both my babies were on the carpeted floor.

"Yeah, I'm good Jinyoungie. Just a bit sleepy from late night work," I responded, smiling softly at him. He looked at me doubtfully but in the end, he simply nodded.

To be honest I couldn't get enough sleep recently. There have been frequent rogue attacks even in the middle of the night. I'm too worried to sleep. Jinyoung of course didn't know this. I always make sure he slept through the commotion outside our pack house. Thankfully he has been easily tired due to his pregnancy so he's always knocked out cold at night. It's also fortunate that he is human so he couldn't smell or hear the trouble creeping in our pack.

"Do you want some coffee? Want me to get you some?" Jinyoung offered, sending side worried glances at me. I have to smile at how concern he was. It was heartwarming.

"It's fine baby, I already had one a while ago."

He resumed watching over Luke while I sat there watching him. He was wearing a loose shirt but his tummy was still sticking out. He had some difficulty for the past weeks, mainly about his unfitted clothes so we had to go buy him new and bigger ones. I feel like I was on cloud nine every time I get to hug him and caress his belly. Feeling the bump on his once flat stomach assured me that indeed he was pregnant and that all this wasn't just stupid hallucinations of mine. If only this rogue business didn't surface then this could have been a perfect life for me.

"How about we go for a little walk?" he suddenly asked, a bit too enthusiastic while turning in my direction. "We can go to the lake," he hopefully suggested to which I immediately refused.

"Let's just stay here Jinyoung-ah." His face immediately darkened.

"But why? I miss going there. We used to go there often,"

"And what happened the last time you were there Jinyoung-ah? Even if I would be there to look after you it's still dangerous. I can't risk it especially now that you're pregnant," I firmly said, remembering that incident that led Jinyoung to discover my true identity. Since then we haven't set foot on the lake.

Jinyoung's eyes began to water but he quickly blinked them away. "I just want to walk around and breathe some fresh air," he mumbled dejectedly. I felt guilty right away. "You can relax a bit too so you wouldn't be too grumpy."

I admit I have been keeping him inside the pack house for the last three weeks due to the rogue incidents but can you blame me? I was only being cautious. But now, seeing how it affects Jinyoung made me feel stupid for confining him in here. I also didn't mean to be grumpy. There are just a lot of things in my mind as of the moment that I tend to snap at people around me.

He didn't insist anymore but I saw and felt the sadness in him as he resumed playing with Luke. The kid, on the other hand, I watched as he stared at Jinyoung's obvious upset face for a moment until his lips formed into a pout and that stare turned into a glare as he shifted his eyes on me.