Chap19: Cursed

First, I have edited the previous chapters. Especially those cringy moments. Embarrassment washed over me after re-reading all the chapters. What was I thinking then? lol 

And finally! Here's the update you've been waiting for :)

-oOo-

Jinyoung's POV

"You're such a good kid, Jinyoung-ah!" My grandmother beamed. She patted my head and smiled lovingly at me.

"Of course he is! He's taken it from me!" Grandpa proudly said, pointing at himself. "And Jinyoung will become a kind, talented, gorgeous man like Grandpa!" he boasted.

Grandma snorted. "You? Oh please, you are none of those," Grandma retorted, earning a glare from the old man. "But since Jinyoung has been a good boy, Jinyoung deserves presents!"

"Really? I get presents?!" I asked, excited.

"Of course sweetheart, we'll buy you anything you want!"

Suddenly my grandparents' smiles faded. The images turned foggy.

I blinked, once, twice.

Then I saw them on the floor, beside me. Their clothes are stained with blood, their faces in pain. There was a pool of blood on the floor beside them. I looked at my hands, there was blood, their blood!

"Nooo! Grandpa! Grandma! Don't leave me!" I screamed. I tried to reach for them, but their images were drifting farther away.

Suddenly there was a blinding light.

I closed my eyes and when I opened them again, I was inside our car. I looked in front, and my mom and dad were there. Dad was driving and mom was in the front passenger seat. They were singing. Mom was looking at my dad as she sings. There were sparkles in her eyes, full of love for my dad. Then she turned to me.

"Come on Jinyoung ah, sing with us!" she said.

"I love you baby, and if it's quite alright, I need you baby, to warm my lonely nights~" they sang together.

They were so happy, so in love. I was so absorbed watching them sing. It's been a long time since I heard their voices. It's been a long time since I saw their faces this close, this happy.

Then they were screaming.

Suddenly they were in flames. Their bodies became slack in their seats. Gone were their smiles and were replaced by bloody faces.