Afer 1, 2 and 3 by Imaginator1d

After 1

Reads: 126,172,184

Status: Complete

Tessa Young is an 18 year old college student with a simple life, excellent grades, and a sweet boyfriend. She always has things planned out ahead of time, until she meets a rude boy named Harry, with too many tattoos and piercings who shatters her plans.

After 2

This is the sequel (continuation) of After. Harry and Tessa's relationship will be tested in ways she never expected, but he knew of all along.

Reads: 127,946,645 reads

Status: Complete

After 3

The passionate story of Harry and Tessa continues as family secrets, deep betrayals and career opportunities threaten to tear them apart.

Reads: 171,585,691

Status: Ongoing

Review: It took me a long time to read this. I was reluctant to start, not being a fan of 1D and my limited experience of 1D fanfiction was not that great. But after seeing all the hype surrounding it, I decided to give it a go. And I'm glad I did.

I have never been so frustrated, happy, angry or sad with a book in my life (the sole exception being Harry Potter). This book is mega popular and for good reason. The author (Anna) really manages to make you care deeply for her characters, and though at times you just want to scream at them, you fall in love with them all the same.

I have no qualms about talking about this massively successful fanfiction. (I think I actually choked on my coffee when I saw how many reads it had!). Because, though it has a lot of sex in it, she managed to make that not the main plot point (yeah, that made sense. I think...) and created a fully rounded, well written piece of writing. Three novels later, and over three hundred million reads, I can really imagine this book becoming a bestseller one day (maybe even more so than Fifty Shades of Grey!)