The Richmond Haunting by Garyjarvis1976

The horror began when Fiona and Steven Berman moved into their new home on Richmond Street with their two children, Harmony and Katrina. At first it came with household objects not working, icy chills, the displacement of personal belongings. And then Fiona's begins to suffer from blackouts that medical experts cannot explain. Steven is plagued by toothache. Harmony the older child is terrorized by the appearance of an old man and voices, she hears in her bedroom. Believing their home might be haunted. Fiona and Steven seek help to battle the entities that have invaded their lives. Written in a docu-drama-narrative. Terrifying and unforgettable, this is the actual account of what happened to one family and how that family fought to survive against something not of this world.

Reads: 10,971

Status: Ongoing.

Review: I don't even know how I came across this story. I think it might have popped up in my recommendations; so I decided to give it a try, being quite a closet fan of horror in general. To be honest, I expected it to be your typical blood, guts and demons horror. But I was so wrong!

It was actually terrifiying, creepy and just generally spooky. It centers around a family (as per the family) that find their peaceful life going down the drain when they are hounded by an evil entity in their home. The author really manages to build up the suspense in a detailed way, that doesn't bore you! I actually kept myself awake after reading most of this, something that only ever happened after watching Paranormal Activity for the first time. Even though the events would seem far fetched were they to happen to yourself, he manages to portray it in a realistic way, through different POV'S, interviews, articles, and such stuff. He deals with a perfect mix of suspense and horror to give the reader what they want.

At times, you actually feel cold hard dread, and a cold sweat douse you as you read on and it gets even more creepier. This is honestly, one of my favourite horrors out there, perhaps even along the lines of Stephen King and Richard Laymon! Check him out!