Chapter 3

Four months has passed since Rory has been back, she took the job with the New York Times.

"Mom, mom are you home?" Rory calls out as she heads In the front door of her childhood home. "In here kid!" Lorelai calls from upstairs, Rory heads upstairs where Luke has added on a bedroom for her little brother. "Oh mom it looks amazing in here, you look miserable though." Lorelai smiles and exhaustively responds. "I am kid, Will is gonna be here soon I can feel it I'm thinking maybe another week." "Then you should be resting mom, it's been over 20 years since you had a baby." Rory told her mom worried. So Lorelai sits down and relaxes. "How's Logan? How's the paper? How's the new apartment?" "Logan is good, I'm loving the paper I'm so glad I made that decision mom, and the apartment is gorgeous 2 bedrooms, balcony looking out on central park, and Logan has been staying three nights a week." Rory said with a smile and a glint in her eye. "I can't wait to see the place when I can travel again. Lorelai tells her. "Mom?" Rory asks sounding a little distant. "Yeah, kid? You alright Rory?" "Well mom I just did I do the right thing? Should I really be making Logan wait, I do want to be his wife and create a family with him so why can't I just commit to it?" Rory asks concerned. Lorelai looks lovingly at Rory. "Oh Rory you make him wait as long as you need he's not going anywhere he loves you, a marriage is not a simple or easy decision it should be a lifetime commitment I want you to find your forever like i finally did with Luke and honestly I do think you've already found it."
"Oh mom I love you, you always know what to say to make me feel better. Thank you for being the mom you were and are."

*awhile later*

"Ace, hey Ace wake up babe your mom is calling you" Logan nudges Rory and kisses her on her cheek and hands her phone to her. "Mom, is everything okay?" Rory answers her phone. "Rory it's Luke I just brought your mom to the hospital I think she's in labor! She wants you here." "Tell her to hurry." Rory hears Lorelai yell from the background. "Oh my God I'm on my way give me an hour or so it shouldn't take me much longer than that to get to Hartford. Logan we have to go!" Rory exclaims as she sees Logan already getting dressed and handing her clothes at the same time. "Let's go Ace I'll drive I already called downstairs the cars waiting." Rory looks at Logan lovingly. "I love you Logan you are amazing."
An hour later they get to the hospital, Rory asks the receptionist "I need Lorelai Danes room right now!" "Are you family?" The scared looking receptionist asks. "What do you mean am I family are you incompetent I'm her daughter!" Rory responds loudly. Logan intervenes and tells the receptionist, "I'm sorry she's kind of panicked she just needs her mom's hospital room." "Room 302 ma'am she tells Rory." "Thank you." Rory responds sharply.
"Mom? Oh mom are you okay?" Rory asks worriedly. "Oh hun I'm fine I'm just in labor." Lorelai responds reassuringly. "But mom it's to early you still have 3 weeks, can't they stop it, can't these incompetent ass people do anything!?" "Woe woe Rory honey calm down  Will is doing good, it's okay calm down your kind of reminding me of your grandma right now!" Laughing Logan interjects. "You should have seen her in the lobby she went full Emily Gilmore on the receptionist I didn't know rather to be scared or impressed."